• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Nexus Root Toolkit v 1.6.1 Greek to Me

4ubest

Android Enthusiast
Mar 31, 2012
Brooksville/Spring Hill
I have a Nexus 7 that I got during the summer and following some guide that was on the androidforum site, I was able to unlock and root the device.

Some months have passed and my short term memory deficit has unfortunately really been increasing and today I downloaded the 1.6.1 and was looking for steps like I had with the Nexus 7 and I cannot find them.

I am looking now on the initial setup tab whre it says in step 2 "Launch Device Manager using the button bellow...

Right off the bat I am at a loss here as I do not even see a button,... Even where it says Identify whatever device resembles your Nexus and right click it.... I do not know where this is as in Windows explorer, I right mouse clicked on both Nexus 10 and Internal Storage and I do not even see an option to select Unistall...

Honestly I do not know what is happening here but quite obviously I am in over my head and I am wondering if someone has an idiots guide to accomplishing this process... thank you..

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones