• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help NEXUS S slowly losing features after update to android 4!!!

BREPretty

Lurker
May 31, 2012
I got the official update to Android 4 on my nexus S sometime in April, and at first all was great. Then, slowly, my phone lost wifi. It will not even turn it on; when I press to enable wifi, it just turns it right back off. The phone also refuses to turn on data as well, so I can not connect to the internet at all.
Thinking I could solve this with a recovery, I chose to factory reset my phone, This did not fix the problem in the least, but it DID delete all of my apps and personalizations (obviously), and with no wifi/data I have no way of getting any of it back.
My keyboard also began acting up shortly after... sometimes I will press the keys and the autocorrect selections come up, but no letters appear in the space where your message is composed, and my "invisible" message can not be sent. I assume this is related?

Please, help! :(

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones