• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

NFL Draft 2024

AugieTN

Extreme Android User
Dec 9, 2022
Illinois Home & Tennessee RV Home
There's a lot of talk about the NFL Draft on April 25, 2024 in Chicago since the Bears have the first pick and their QB Justin Fields in on the trading block.

There's a lot of talk about J.J. McCarthy (Michigan Wolverines QB) moving up into the top 7-10 QBs available. He's a Junior, not a Senior at Michigan. He's a local kid from Illinois. I watched him a couple of times this year, including the Champion game. He's okay, but he's not great. I wasn't impressed with him at all in the Championship game. His stats look good. I think he should play his Senior year at Michigan.

Just my 2 cents since there is so much draft talk here.

Reactions: ocnbrze
There's a lot of talk about the NFL Draft on April 25, 2024 in Chicago since the Bears have the first pick and their QB Justin Fields in on the trading block.

There's a lot of talk about J.J. McCarthy (Michigan Wolverines QB) moving up into the top 7-10 QBs available. He's a Junior, not a Senior at Michigan. He's a local kid from Illinois. I watched him a couple of times this year, including the Champion game. He's okay, but he's not great. I wasn't impressed with him at all in the Championship game. His stats look good. I think he should play his Senior year at Michigan.

Just my 2 cents since there is so much draft talk here.
would you rather have a more experienced qb in Fields? or deal with a #1 draft pick starting with no nfl games under his belt?

what about caleb williams? isn't he the number one target for most teams, especially the bears?

Reactions: AugieTN
We have had 3 seasons of Fields and have ended up with a losing record each year and in the cellar of the NFC North. The one thing that really bothers me about Fields is I have never seen him show any enthusiasm. He's made some great break away runs, but that's about it.

Bears have the first and ninth pick. I hope the Bears keep the first pick, but if they trade it away they may take someone like J.J. McCarthy with the ninth pick.

Caleb would be good choice Drake Maye has the most powerful arm of all the QBs available and has impressed many teams. There has also been a lot of talk about taking J.J. McCarthy since he's a local boy

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
so folks there are thinking of trading the #1 down to let say #7 to draft McCarthy and get more draft picks? or drafting him with the #1 pick instead of Caleb?
LOL! everything you said has been discussed. It's just been crazy here on Sports Radio and nobody knows for sure what will happen. Some people say they know someone inside and they say this is going to happen. Then someone else will say I have inside information, and they are going to do something different.

Truth is nobody really knows :ROFLMAO:

Upvote 0
After looking at all the QBs in the draft, nobody can come close to the stats that Bo Nix put up. Last year, he completed 77.4% of his passes. Had 45 TDs and only 3 interceptions. To me he's the best QB in the draft

Bo Nix - Oregon Ducks Quarterback - ESPN
better than caleb? mel kipper does not think highly of bo. he has him going at 33 with the New York Giants.

if you have espn+ you can read mel's gripe on bo. stats are one thing, but the ducks game plan hurt bo's future. he thinks that bo may not have the arm strength to be a play caller in the nfl. the ducks used quick route plays and did not use any long ball plays. this hurts bo's ability to throw the long pass deep downfield. i don't think that chicago will bet on bo. if they really want him, then they should trade the #1 pick and get multiple picks to get bo. i do not think that bo is worthy as the #1 pick.

but who knows. it is so hard to judge a qb coming out of college. how many #1 qb's became nfl stars?

It's fun to dream and scheme about the draft. So often your favorite team doesn't land the player of your hopes and dreams and if they do, that player often turns out to be a bad draft pick. I don't pay the draft any attention anymore. The professionals paid the big bucks to get the best players for the teams rarely get it right. I'm not wasting my time worrying with it.

Upvote 0
i'm glad that my Chargers took Alt as the 5TH pick in the draft. he is the best OL in the draft. we now have a solid front to protect Herbert as well as to create holes for the RB to run through. our next pick is not until tomorrow with pick #37.

i was hoping that Zona would trade their #4 pick so that we could get WR Marvin Harris Jr.......oh well.

Reactions: AugieTN and olbriar
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones