• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

no 2g signal but, 3g working

cchath

Lurker
May 16, 2014
hi, i have a sk17i which runs legacyxperia cm11 unofficial. the problem is that the phone do not show 2g signal nor calls can be made. but 3g and wifi works well. i have tried with so many network poviders with different sim cards.but it results the same. also i reflashed it to gingerbread uing flashtool. although the problem remained the same. using *#*#4363#*#* did not worked as well. but 2g signal strength can be seen on the menu. although signal bars are completely empty. :thinking:

in the past 2g & 3g worked well. but now it has suddenly appeared. please help me :thinking:

Hello Cchath, welcome to Android Forums! I see you are having a bit of an issue with your Sony Xperia Mini Pro. I am not familiar with this device, but I do see they you have it rooted and running were running a custom ROM. Did you also flash a radio or kernel?

This phone has been around awhile (2011) and looking in our own forums, that phone thread: Mini Pro does not seem very active. I also looked at a few other forums and activity for this device is very low. You might want to look at making a post in this forum, or even contact the original author of the flashtool and the "unofficial" CM mod you flashed for support.

I will link the main forum where where is in formation on the device as well as ROMS. I could not find your ROM, and since it was an unofficial release, and it seems the author has been removed from XDA you will have to see if you can find where you downloaded it from.

Main forum for the X10/Mini Pro at XDA

Flashtool thread

I would also make a post in this thread and ask if anyone can help as well Rooting Mini Pro (X10) guide

We may have others also chime in on this thread to help as well

Reactions: Mikestony
Upvote 0
Ok you said you flashed a kernel in the last post? What kernel did you flash? What we need to do is get you back to stock. If you don't mind me asking, which carrier did you get this phone from?

Here is a link to the stock ROM, make sure you download the right one for your model & original carrier. Mini Pro Stock ROM archive

I would re-flash completely stock and factory reset the phone and see if this restores your phone back to full working order.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones