• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help No Audio MMS support?

What file type? I'm probably guessing that the max file size you can get is 1mB which would prevent longer ones from coming through. IDK what file format this phone saves audio clips in. Audio MMS is a screwy thing for phones. That's why I say we stick to flac, wav, and mp3 and be done with the rest.
Well, I have no idea. What file type would a Pantech Matrix use? My friend isn't exactly the most tech savvy, so she wouldn't know what file type or how large it is, or how to find out. No big deal, I just wish I could receive files more easily and readily.

Upvote 0
What file type? I'm probably guessing that the max file size you can get is 1mB which would prevent longer ones from coming through. IDK what file format this phone saves audio clips in. Audio MMS is a screwy thing for phones. That's why I say we stick to flac, wav, and mp3 and be done with the rest.

Okay, I have a similar issue ! MY friend and I are both on Sprint network. She has a rumor touch and mine is HTC Evo 3D. She sent me a video MMS once and an Audio MMS recently both of which are not more than 1 MB and they have a file format .QCP when I look at them. But I cant play/open them. I tried to save the file so that I can tranfer it my computer and probably install a software to play that but still I cannot. The phone says "file saved successfully" but I cant find them in the downloads folder or in the gallery. Can anybody help ? I know QCP is just a generic file format. I tried installing a few players from android market like real player/vlc/quicktime but none of them allow me to play the message on my phone too. Its getting annoying now !

Upvote 0
Okay, I have a similar issue ! MY friend and I are both on Sprint network. She has a rumor touch and mine is HTC Evo 3D. She sent me a video MMS once and an Audio MMS recently both of which are not more than 1 MB and they have a file format .QCP when I look at them. But I cant play/open them. I tried to save the file so that I can tranfer it my computer and probably install a software to play that but still I cannot. The phone says "file saved successfully" but I cant find them in the downloads folder or in the gallery. Can anybody help ? I know QCP is just a generic file format. I tried installing a few players from android market like real player/vlc/quicktime but none of them allow me to play the message on my phone too. Its getting annoying now !

Did you look in the Downloads app? The one in the app drawer. It has a green icon.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones