• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help No auto-focus after JB update.

dunlin

Lurker
May 12, 2013
Hi,
Just downloaded JB update via Kies.
The camera doesn't auto-focus. I have a permanently displayed rectangle which is white until you touch the screen and the rectangle jumps to this position, focuses, turns green and beeps. The rectangle remains green and in the same position until you touch somewhere else on the screen.
I seem to have manual focus, but there is no manual option - just auto and macro.
Anyone else got this? Any setting I need to change?

[My wife has a S3 with JB and that has the same rectangle, but that initially auto-focuses in the middle of the screen then disappears. If you touch the screen the rectangle re-appears at the point where you have touched, focuses, turns green, beeps and disappears for about 5 seconds, then reappears in the centre of the screen, focuses then disappears again. It has the same 2 focus options - auto and macro].

Thanks in advance.

PS: Phone was SIM free and is unrooted.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones