• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

No Command Error (dead android icon) on LG K50 Recovery Mode

Hi, Im new to this fourm,
When i tried booting to recovery mode with adb reboot recovery command on a chromebook on LG k50, it shows a dead android icon with no command text on the screen. i tried holding volup and power in this screen but it keeps rebooting to regular boot. Can someone help me? I just need to wipe my cache partition. :giggle:

• Turn off the device.
  • Press and hold Volume Up + Power buttons simultaneously till the device logo appears.
  • When it logo appears, release Power button but hold the others few more seconds.
  • Release all the buttons when Recovery Mode screen appears. If you see Android logo with No Command text, don't panic and just wait for a while.
  • You can use the Volume Up and Volume Down buttons to scroll up or down, and the Power button to select an option.

......its a timing thing.

Reactions: Dannydet
Upvote 0

......its a timing thing.
i tried holding volup and power when turning the device on and releasing the power when the logo shows but it keeps going to normal boot...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones