• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help No multi-user function?

redfishsc

Oct 10, 2011
Living room
This tablet just arrived a few hours ago, we ordered it to share between my wife and our two preschool children.

Unlike other Android 4.2 devices I've seen, this one has no "users" setting under "Settings:Device".

Defeats the whole purpose for buying this otherwise decent tablet.

Any suggestions? I haven't yet delved into the parental app they sent since I typically ignore the bloatware they include.

Anyone using that parental app?

Also, I see a lot of folks using Android 4.2.2 with this pad. Mine just updated (right out of the box) but it's still on Android 4.2.1.

Does the 4.2.2 update include the multi-user function?
Now that I have some more experience with this device, I can answer your questions. There are 3 updates, one service update to 4.2.1, then update to 4.2.2, then a service update to 4.2.2. The multi user is in 4.2.2. In settings it is under Users. I have posted the update packages for the US version at the link below.

http://androidforums.com/memo-pad-h...-memo-pad-hd7-me173x-developer-resources.html

If you have any other questions feel free to ask.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones