• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Rgarner

Android Expert
May 9, 2017
I can't find it. I was checking whether it was on the sd card with Simple File Manager and it didn't show it, SD or internal either. I can't search googoo files. When I look in apps it's there, but I can't put it on sd from there. I have to put it on SD to transfer it to the Moto G Pure I just bought in order to stop those creeps from taking over MY phone.

It's installed. I had been using it for quite a while. Why can't I find it in files but it's there? I really want to get it on sd.
Because it's installed. Once installed, it becomes part of the system os. You need to find the apk. You can probably move some of it's files, if it has any. Where that would be, I have no idea.

Reactions: Rgarner
Upvote 0
I decided to redownload it and then copy to sd. That seems to have gone well. Should I shut down the Moto G Play and remove the sd card to put in the other phone (Moto G Plure)? Do I have to unmount it before that? By the way, the Play has shut off by itself (I think) last night and again this morning, probably not a good sign. Could this have anything to do with its being stuffed to the gills?

Upvote 0
I decided to redownload it and then copy to sd. That seems to have gone well. Should I shut down the Moto G Play and remove the sd card to put in the other phone (Moto G Plure)? Do I have to unmount it before that? By the way, the Play has shut off by itself (I think) last night and again this morning, probably not a good sign. Could this have anything to do with its being stuffed to the gills?
on your phone, if there is an option to unmount, i would. if there is no option, than yes it is safe to remove.

Upvote 0
Shutting down the phone will unmount the card.

Unless you are running it so hot that it shuts down to protect the phone, random shutdowns are probably a hardware fault. Whether that's a loose connection, a dying battery or a dying motherboard is impossible to know from a distance. Running out of space completely could cause a crash or reboot, but shutdown just feels less likely to me.

Reactions: Rgarner and ocnbrze
Upvote 0
Now that I apparently have No Root Firewall on sd, how do I make sure that it's activated before I put the card in the Pure? It would defeat the purpose if it weren't working. Once I have it there, I suppose I can copy it internally to the Pure, replace the sd card in the Play, and put a new, bigger sd card in the Pure. I sure hope that works.

Upvote 0
I have almost the same problem. I want to make sure that No Root Firewall is on when I put the sd in this new phone. I was really lucky to get a little help and end up with this Moto G Play. I know it's really a Chinese Lenovo but at least it should be better than that Pure. I still have the 256 gb sd card and even though it's almost full I want to put it in the Play for now. Maybe later I can copy it to the 1 tb card. Do I keep the new phone off wifi for now to be able to save it from THEM and how do i do that?

Upvote 0
I have almost the same problem. I want to make sure that No Root Firewall is on when I put the sd in this new phone. I was really lucky to get a little help and end up with this Moto G Play. I know it's really a Chinese Lenovo but at least it should be better than that Pure. I still have the 256 gb sd card and even though it's almost full I want to put it in the Play for now. Maybe later I can copy it to the 1 tb card. Do I keep the new phone off wifi for now to be able to save it from THEM and how do i do that?
who is THEM? you can turn wifi off by going into your phone's settings, under wireless connections.

Reactions: Dave012345678910
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones