• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help No saved folder

knickfan1

Lurker
Aug 2, 2010
I just gave up my Blackberry Storm for the Motorola Droid X. I'm seriously considering taking it back. That it keeps message history in your contacts is in and of itself reason enough, but the final straw was when I just tried to save an email only to realize THERE IS NO SAVE FOLDER!!!! If there is an app that will allow me to save an email (right now the only folders are inbox and trash) please let me know, or this crap goes back. By the way, I don't mean save an attachment. I mean save an email. On the storm if you hit save on any type of message it goes to your saved folder. Even if you delete everything in your inbox. To delete it once you've saved it you must delete it from the saved folder.

What about archiving? Not really sure what that does but it might save it?

EDIT: I did a little searching and what you can do is have a saved messages label and apply it to any message you want to save then archive that message. That way the email is moved out of your inbox and you can search them by using that label. Try it and see if it works.

Upvote 0
Hi,
I was very annoyed by the same thing, because on my old phone I used to be able to save emails for quick reference. Here's details on basically same thing as suggested above:

If you use the gmail application (not the default email app), then you have access to your folders/labels on gmail. First I tried archiving, but that made the email disappear. (I got it back by picking All Mail and then moving back to inbox.)

So I went onto google mail on my computer and created a new label called Saved. Now the Saved label shows up on the phone. I can use the "Change Label" menu option for any email item, check "Saved" and uncheck "Inbox".

This is only available for gmail, so when a message I want to save comes into one of my other accounts, I forward it to myself on gmail and then label it "Saved".

A little cumbersome, but the good news is, I can log into gmail from anywhere and see all my saved emails.

Hope this helps!
- IK

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones