• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

No Signal - Had phone for 24 hours

Paul875

Lurker
Dec 16, 2014
I've got a new phone on 3 UK, I checked their coverage before taking it out and it stated "Verg Good Signal" Since using the phone i have had a signal for less than 10 seconds to receive my welcome text message.

I contacted the company i got the phone from who didn't want to know and told me to take the issue up with Three UK.

There UK did some checks and stated that I have no signal and have offered me a free Signal Booster box for my home.

But surely this isn't right I get no Signal inside or outside my house! If i search for network's I can find 3 4G and 3 3G but when i try and connect it states "Unable to register on the network at present, please try later." Is it possible the phone or Sim Card is faulty ? I don't have another nano sim to try in the phone to rule it out :-(

Any help appreciated, thanks!

I've got a new phone on 3 UK, I checked their coverage before taking it out and it stated "Verg Good Signal" Since using the phone i have had a signal for less than 10 seconds to receive my welcome text message.

I contacted the company i got the phone from who didn't want to know and told me to take the issue up with Three UK.

There UK did some checks and stated that I have no signal and have offered me a free Signal Booster box for my home.

But surely this isn't right I get no Signal inside or outside my house! If i search for network's I can find 3 4G and 3 3G but when i try and connect it states "Unable to register on the network at present, please try later." Is it possible the phone or Sim Card is faulty ? I don't have another nano sim to try in the phone to rule it out :-(

Any help appreciated, thanks!

The phone is not able to connect and make calls on 3 anywhere now, but it's finding 3's network? What you're describing sounds like it could be IMEI blacklisted. The company you bought it from, who are they, and are you absolutely sure that you got a brand new phone? It's not second hand refurbished and repackaged?

You should be able to check the status of the phone's IMEI, with CheckMend or imei.org.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones