• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

No sound after latest Verizon update

mikes1

Android Enthusiast
Jun 18, 2012
I'm not sure if it was mentioned or if anybody else is experiencing this problem. After the Verizon update to improve the bad reception I have noticed that my phone will often cut all sound. No sounds are played until the phone is restarted and sometimes even when the phone is restarting the sound is not present. The jingle on phone start up does not play. Keyboard keypress does not work. The phone calls themselves do not work in any manner. I can make a call but I cannot hear the person on the other line and they can't hear me. I also can't hear the ringer or ringtones when this happens. So essentially any sound that the phone makes is completely cut off. Has anybody experienced this? I want to know just in case it is a known issue or maybe I should take it to a store and try to replace it. Thank you

I really don't want to do a factory reset. I'm so sick of those. When I first got this phone and turned it on as soon as I put in my gmail account it automatically downloaded all of my apps. I did a reset later at a time and it did not do the same thing and I had to go through the lengthy process of setting every little thing up on my phone again and I really don't want to do that again. That's too annoying

Upvote 0
If you check the box that says "restore from my Google account" when you sign it, itll restore everything

Assuming of course that you have the box checked that says "back up to my Google account" checked right now

I have that checked but doesn't that only restore the info contained in the app? I think I would still have to go through and redownload every single app and then the data is restored. I could be wrong. I have always had that box checked by the way. If it would redownload my apps again automatically then I would do it. The process sucks though. Resetting up home pages and widgets...blah

Upvote 0
Its the opposite i think. The apps will download automaticly but their data/settings will be lost. I think(?) System (pre-installed) app's data wil be restored though. For your home screen, if youre using a 3rd party launcher, most have a back up option :thumbup:

I haven't personally tried it, but data should be backed up as well. I flash ROMS so often I dont let google backup or restore anything other than contacts

Upvote 0
And I'm just seeing this now after a couple more months. I've never used bluetooth so that wasn't my problem. I ended up doing a system reset and it was exactly as I expected. Had to manually redownload all of the apps again and once I did that then the data was still available within the apps. I hate resets and never want to do another one.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones