• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

No text input when typing

timcity

Nov 8, 2009
Sometimes when i type it wont filll in whatever field that im typing in whether its a text message, search, or web page. The dictionary will come up as if im typing the word but no actual letters will have been typed. Ive tried with both the stock keyboard and better keyboard but it wont work until I restart the phone.

Has anyone else had this problem or found a reason why it does this?

I'm having this problem also. I do have better keyboard installed, however when the problem arises I've tried killing processes one at a time until I find what's got it locked up, however I still haven't found the cause. Restarting the phone works if you are impatient, it usually starts working again on it's own after 10-15 minutes..... Rotating it to landscape and back does not help..

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones