No text input when typingGeneral

Last Updated:

1. timcity

timcity Active Member This Topic's Starter

Sometimes when i type it wont filll in whatever field that im typing in whether its a text message, search, or web page. The dictionary will come up as if im typing the word but no actual letters will have been typed. Ive tried with both the stock keyboard and better keyboard but it wont work until I restart the phone.

Has anyone else had this problem or found a reason why it does this?

Advertisement
  2. fahertyps

fahertyps Well-Known Member

I installed the Better Keyboard app and ran into problems with my eris not booting/operating properly - error messages. I can't finger the BK app because I had also installed several other apps prior to the reboot. I yanked most of them off and the eris seems to be stable now. I may get the nerve to reinstall it...

3. Ataranine

Ataranine Well-Known Member

I've had this problem, try to rotate the phone if you can and then start typing.

4. bwhite757

bwhite757 New Member

I'm having this problem also. I do have better keyboard installed, however when the problem arises I've tried killing processes one at a time until I find what's got it locked up, however I still haven't found the cause. Restarting the phone works if you are impatient, it usually starts working again on it's own after 10-15 minutes..... Rotating it to landscape and back does not help..