• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root No text notification sound with Velocity ROM?

If this is the wrong place to post, apologies. I recently rooted, got ROM Manager with Clockwork Recovery and flashed the Velocity ROM. Everything works quite awesome, but I'm not getting my notification sound when I get a text message. I do get it for other notification events, and I've tried a couple different sounds just for good measure.

Is this a ROM issue? An issue with my phone? Anyone else experiencing it? Right now I'm using the default messaging app.

If this is the wrong place to post, apologies. I recently rooted, got ROM Manager with Clockwork Recovery and flashed the Velocity ROM. Everything works quite awesome, but I'm not getting my notification sound when I get a text message. I do get it for other notification events, and I've tried a couple different sounds just for good measure.

Is this a ROM issue? An issue with my phone? Anyone else experiencing it? Right now I'm using the default messaging app.

Go to your app bucket, open messenging, click menu, settings, scroll down to the bottom, select ringtone/vibration. presto

Upvote 0
Did that already, changed the selection several times, made sure everything was set properly. I also installed Handcent SMS (just to see if it was a default messaging app issue), and it would also not play the notification sound, but it did all the other notification actions fine (put something in the bar, vibrate, pop-up window) - both on testing the notification and on actually getting a text.

Upvote 0
Yeah, worked fine before, tone works fine for calendar notifications and the like. Since it's so easy and I'm just messing with the phone constantly, I flipped over to Trident's stock V8 ROM and it worked there too. Out of bullheadedness, I then re-flashed and it's working again.

Dunno what exactly happened, I'll post if it reoccurs.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones