No text notification sound with Velocity ROM?

Last Updated:

1. spottedcatfish

spottedcatfish Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

If this is the wrong place to post, apologies. I recently rooted, got ROM Manager with Clockwork Recovery and flashed the Velocity ROM. Everything works quite awesome, but I'm not getting my notification sound when I get a text message. I do get it for other notification events, and I've tried a couple different sounds just for good measure.

Is this a ROM issue? An issue with my phone? Anyone else experiencing it? Right now I'm using the default messaging app.

Advertisement
  2. savoxis

savoxis Well-Known Member Developer

Go to your app bucket, open messenging, click menu, settings, scroll down to the bottom, select ringtone/vibration. presto

3. spottedcatfish

Did that already, changed the selection several times, made sure everything was set properly. I also installed Handcent SMS (just to see if it was a default messaging app issue), and it would also not play the notification sound, but it did all the other notification actions fine (put something in the bar, vibrate, pop-up window) - both on testing the notification and on actually getting a text.

4. savoxis

savoxis Well-Known Member Developer

Thats super oddball madness man.
    It worked before?
    I can't see it being a problem with the phone. Thats madness the hardware seems savvy according to your other notification noises.

Is there a pesky volume setting somewhere?

5. spottedcatfish

Yeah, worked fine before, tone works fine for calendar notifications and the like. Since it's so easy and I'm just messing with the phone constantly, I flipped over to Trident's stock V8 ROM and it worked there too. Out of bullheadedness, I then re-flashed and it's working again.

Dunno what exactly happened, I'll post if it reoccurs.

6. RedFury

RedFury Well-Known Member

I had this happen ONCE. Really pissed me off. Rebooted the phone and checked. All was well.

7. HomicidalPanda1

HomicidalPanda1 Member

Had this Happen to me too.
    Really started to piss me off so i decided to flash stock back on.
    Re flashed it and it still didn't have any noise. >.<

8. socobandit

socobandit Well-Known Member

I had this happen to mine earlier this week...i reflashed back to v06, loaded the factory recovery, let it update all the way to zvc, then rerooted and reinstalled velocity...all my sounds work fine now. the text notification was also the only one that didn't work.