• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

No WiFi recognition CM 7

80yearold

Jan 23, 2012
Occasionally I will boot this Nook Tablet from the CM7 SD card and be on line, but not very often. I end up rebooting to Nook Basic where I am always on line.
Are there some tricks within settings that might attempt to get on line with CM 7.
The router is ATT Uverse.
Dumb question from a guy older then dirt bu is it possible to activate a second wireless router with another network. I will try anything:thinking:
Thanks

Upvote 0
I thought that Nook's wifi plan came through ATT Wireless. Friends have Nook Color and they get online at B&N. B&N did offer a wifi plan through ATT. On a wifi only tablet, whatever you are using should not be any carrier's business, except your ISP.

Maybe there is a marker in the Nook that needs to connect to B&N somehow, and by using CM7, you don't have that marker?

Did you register the tablet? Nook couldn't seem to unregister mine after I gave it to daughter. She could not set up her own account for the Nook. We had 3 techs try, and the tablet is still registered to me. So B&N must be adding something.

I had the plain Nook, and had no trouble using my home wifi. I just had some issues with B&N'S TOS.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones