• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Nokia 1 & 3310 3G read only language capability

meridius

Oct 2, 2016
I contacted Nokia by email and they told me that the Nokia 1 TA-1056 DS is the right Latam model for me as I want to use it in the EMEA and LATAM regions. I was wondering whether all Nokia 1's can read Arabic and Spanish sms as well as the standard reading and writing of English?

I've identified the correct Nokia 3310 3G model I am looking for with quad band 2G and 3G as TA-1036, or at least that's what Nokia told me.... I would like to know if this model can also at least read Arabic and Spanish sms as well as read and write English?

I have had no straight answer from Nokia for these additional questions. I have an old Nokia 106.1 which was bought in the UK and that can also read Arabic and Spanish but that does not mean that all Nokia's can do this...

If there is no straight answer to this is there a free third party app I can use to flash the Nokia 3310 3G or add a language that won't completely wreck it? I may try to see if it can receive Arabic and Spanish sms first before doing this...

Many thanks for any advice.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones