• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Not eating meat anymore

My wife and i are not vegan, but with all the talk about plant based foods we have tried a lot of different plant based foods. Some is really good. The Tattooed Chef Tattooed Chef has really good plant based food. There's nothing wrong with taking a break from animal cholesterol.

Upvote 0
My twin granddaughters are both vegan and minimalists to the extent that they deplore being around anyone that eats meat or has any materialistic desires. They have become recluses for lack of fitting into society. Everyone has a right to choose a lifestyle but when you take it to the extreme that they have, I think it's detrimental if not dangerous. They remain quite healthy living an extreme vegan life.

Upvote 0
There are also vegans that eat fish and are called Pescatarians.

There was an old guy named Nick (age in the 90s) who lived near my grandparents and all I ever saw him eat was fruit and sardines for breakfast, lunch or dinner
i don't think you can call them vegans......vegetarians, yes. vegans do not use any animal products or by products.

Reactions: AugieTN
Upvote 0
Ya, that makes sense, but they are not eating eggs or cheese or milk as some vegetarians do.
it will depend on the pescatarian....i guess:
A pescatarian is someone who adds fish and seafood to a vegetarian diet. Some pescatarians may eat eggs and dairy, while others may not.
There are many reasons people choose to forgo red meat and poultry, but still eat fish.

Some people choose to add fish to a vegetarian diet so they can get the health benefits of a plant-based diet plus heart-healthy fish.

Others might be trying to curb the environmental impact of their diet. For some, it might be simply a matter of taste.

This article explains more about the benefits and drawbacks of a pescatarian diet, including exactly what a pescatarian does and doesn’t eat.

Reactions: AugieTN
Upvote 0
Fruitarian

...To be a fruitarian, at least half of your calories must come from raw fruit, such as bananas, papayas, grapes, apples, and berries. Usually, the other 25% to 50% of calories come from nuts, seeds, vegetables, and whole grains. Strict fruitarians, however, may eat up to 90% fruit and just 10% nuts and seeds.....

Can You Really Have a Healthy Diet Eating Only Fruit?

Upvote 0
I'm betting ancient man spent most of their time gathering or hunting their food. I'm sure he didn't have three meals a day, snacks between meals, and a bowl of ice cream at night. I think the secret is to eat in moderation no matter what you eat. If you are super active perhaps you need to feed your body's engine more and if mostly idle to feed it less. I also think that it is wise to stay away from engineered foods and snacks. If I can't pronounce the ingredients, I don't trust the stuff. Most of that sort of foods are designed to be tasty and or fun to eat and have very little if any nutritional value.

Upvote 0
I succumb to ice cream calling my name once in a while myself. I'm also a huge fan of chips and hot dip. I could not be a vegan for I lack self control. If a diet can't be maintained, it's not really a diet but a regiment of sacrifice and guilt. Not for me... no sir. I'll eat what I want when I want and have no guilt. Moderation has been the key to my weight control. I weigh four pounds more than I weighed back late sixties when I was chasing the girls. Everybody is different but eating just one meal a day and an occasional snack has worked well for me.

Upvote 0
cf.jpg

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones