Not getting the weight comparison of the Acer and AsusGeneral

1. rushmore

rushmore Well-Known Member

There is an ounce difference and considering the Acer has USB host and micro USB data connectors on the tablet, this makes sense. To get the same connectivity as the Acer, the Asus needs the keyboard attachment which makes the weight over a pound heavier than the Acer.

I was an 0331 in the Marines (M60 machinegunner) so I am used to heavy weight carrying for many miles (well, I WAS at one time), but people are being picky about an ounce?

Advertisement
    :
  2. backudog

backudog Member

Lol. People will always find something to moan about, (just look at the petty squabbles on the a500 forum on XDA forum) no matter how trivial and, lets face it, an ounce weight diff is VERY trivial! Just seems to be part of being human?
  3. rushmore

True. Point is the very logic used by people saying the A500 is heavier, contradicts their premise, since to get the same connectivity, the Trans is over a pound heavier.

Then again, if you do not care about USB host, the one ounce must be very taxing on their wittle' bitty muscles ;)
  4. hjoneshjones

hjoneshjones Well-Known Member

Right....I couldnt believe it either. I said in another post that people really need to consider lifting weights if they are crying over an ounce. I converted my 500gb external to fat32 format and now this tab is killer for me. No more itunes, dont even need a cloud. I have no idea how the transformer got more hype.
  5. rushmore

What program do you use to convert to fat32?
  6. gabeyong

gabeyong Well-Known Member

7. hjoneshjones

hjoneshjones Well-Known Member

I found a link on youtube. Here it is....very easy and fast.

YouTube - How to FORMAT any external hard drive any size, into FAT32 in 2 min. EASY!

http://www.ridgecrop.demon.co.uk/

this is the direct link to the site. once you have the site pulled up look on the left column where it says fat32 formatter and click on that. once the page is up, look in the very first paragragh and click on the link that says try here. once you download the tool all you do is hook up your external and run it. Everything I just explained from beginning to the end should take 5-7 minutes tops.
  8. rushmore

Thanks!