• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

not locked?

Sandi

Mar 1, 2010
I wish I could lock my phone (it's not so smart). This weekend while in my pocket & locked, my phone bought an App, texted my friend jibberish 3 times and it called my son who was working and annoyed because last week it called him 5 times while in my purse.
What is going on? I have never had any phone "butt-call" like this one. And the nerve to buy an app, now I have to email Google to reverse the charge!
Annoyed in Virginia :mad:
has anyone else experienced this? :thinking:

Yeah, I had a few pocket dials when I first got the phone. Just be sure to "lock" the screen, by tapping the power button, before you put it back in your pocket.

If your butt is able to hit the power button, and go through the unlock screen, you could try putting the unlock pattern on... That would slow your butt down for awhile...

Also, if your phone is sliding open at all, that could cause the phone to wake up as well.

Reactions: Sandi
Upvote 0
Sounds like this guy's problem: http://androidforums.com/motorola-droid/71997-dialing-unintended-repetitive.html

I personally think it's a touch screen problem, but I'd have to see it in action. My phone has never done anything in my pocket and I really can't see how it could with a functioning capacitive touch screen (unless moisture is involved)

How did it text someone 3 times?
hell I can't even unlock the screen with a glove on, but yet it texts and dials from in my pocket!:eek:

Upvote 0
You have 24 hours to do an instant refund on an app in the market. No calling/e-mailing required. Just go to the market and select the app that it magically bought and hit the refund button.

I've never had a prob with this phone in my pocket either and I use screen mode widget to keep my phone always unlocked (just turns off the screen). But if you're having that many probs with it, I would suggest you enable the unlock pattern on the phone. Go to settings > location and Security > require unlock pattern. Then create your own unlock pattern. There's no way your pocket will magically trace the correct pattern then to unlock the phone. It might make it a little more difficult to unlock, but when I used mine I kept it simple enough that it took no longer than it did to slide the unlock slide across the screen so I didn't mind.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones