Not receiving November update

Last Updated:

1. sequre

sequre Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So in preperation for the November OTA update, I've unrooted my wife's incredible back to stock form (s-on etc.). When she is prompted for the OTA to install, it says it will reboot in 10 seconds, counts down and does nothing. This has been happening for a few weeks now.

With everything back to stock, i'm not sure why the phone is not taking the OTA as it should. What options do I have here? I could always root and apply the RUU update, but then again, she doesnt really need to be rooted in the first place. I also don't want to apply any custom ROMs. Any input?

Advertisement
  2. iowabowtech

iowabowtech root@android:/ #

If you truly unrooted and returned to stock (not just went s-on), try romoving the SD card, reboot and see if the upgrade takes. Had this work for one user that was experiencing the same issue.

3. sequre

I will have to try that this evening once I get my hands on it. I will reply with the results.

4. venom21

venom21 Well-Known Member

hey why are you even doing this step? were you rooted before teh Nov OTA came out and didnt accept the update?

5. sequre

I unrooted it anticipating the November OTA so I wanted to make sure that was squared away before she clicked update and install. Didn't want her to end up with a brick.

6. sequre

Still nothing. Hangs on "rebooting now"

7. sequre