• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Not receiving text messages

jlh4480

Jul 6, 2010
Hey everyone,

I am experiencing an issue receiving text messages. I've been with Sprint for 2 months, and have experienced not receiving messages at all twice. I've also experienced receiving 10 messages at once bc they were not coming through. Finally, I am sometimes not receiving a message or two. I was with Verizon previously for about 10 years and did not experience an issue. Do I have a Sprint problem or an Evo problem, and any suggestions to solve?

Thanks in advance for the help.

were you in the same area when the missed pages were not coming thru?

how is your signal strength when this is occurring?

did you contact sprint and notify them of this issue? what did they say or do?

its probably NOT handset related and is probably carrier related...

did you do the PRL update and profile update?

are you running froyo?

if running froyo, did you install the leaked version or the official OTA version?

are you running a custom rom?

Upvote 0
I was not in the same area when this occured.

I can't attest to the first time, but yesterday i was in my office and between 5-6 bars the entire time.

Neither time did I contact Sprint, but that's certainly a good idea.

I have done the PRL update but not a profile update. (I don't know how, but can google it.)

I am not running Froyo. I'm currently on 2.1 with unrevoked.

Upvote 0
I too have the same problem. Random days I will not receive random text messages. in a conversation of 10 texts (5 send 5 received)... it will show on my phone as sending 5 and receiving three. then when you look on the other persons phone they show all ten. These texts are never forwarded to me. They are just gone and completely random.

I called sprint about 14 times on this issue. the did a bunch of forced updates, a hard reset, and even sent me a new phone. today it happened again I send texts all day with no reply. 5 or more people have been texting me all day... I haven't received one text.

I do not use froyo... I have a Launcher pro gui. and I primarily use Chomp for my text messages.

I have noticed that for some reason I get a "forced close" message when receiving MMS. I am researching that problem currently.

If you are reading this and you do not own sprint... please dont start now.

Upvote 0
you should be using froyo. it is the version of android on the current software version on evo's

try deleting chomp for a few days. sprint can't be held responsible for an app that is causing issues..not only that but an app that is known to cause issues

go into menu.settings.system updates and update profile, and update prl anytime you notice you are having issues like this. If it is in fact carrier related it is due to a breakdown in communication between your phone and the network/towers

also consider taking you phone by a sprint repair store and show them the issue.

it is very likely it is an app..or the phone is not communicating...easily fixed in store

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones