• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Not seeing images in emails (stock app)

Lukechan

Aug 18, 2010
Hi All,

(HTC Desire running Froyo, not been rooted/molested)

I have the stock email app set up to send/receive email through my BT email account. This all works fine with one exception. If I am sent an email which contains an image, I just receive the text - no image at all (not even any sign that an image should be there). If the image is sent as an attachment then it is fine, it is only a problem when the image is in the body of the email.

I have checked through settings and have set mail size limit to 'No Limit'. Can't see any other relevant settings.

I found an old thread about this when I searched and it suggested that this was a known issue and may be corrected in 2.2. However, I am running 2.2 already.

This is especially annoying as my cousin has been sending emails containing photos from her iphone and finds it quite amusing that my HTC cannot even display them.

Any ideas?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones