• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Not too important but becoming increasingly so more annoying...

ballisticn8

Android Expert
Mar 15, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
So my droid is rooted, sprecovery is installed, and currently running Adamz smoked glass v6 with one of his low voltage kernels allowing overclocking to 1gig but set at 800.

Everything runs great on my droid, but ever since I made the jump (running just a stock rooted 2.01) to it (smoked glass 2.1) I keep getting notifications that Facebook has an update available. I dont use Facebook all that much, more just to see whats going on with some of the motorcycle riders I dont keep in contact with as much in case there is a bike night or ride I want to go on, but getting off topic here now.

Every time I attempt to update (from the marketplace) it downloads but during installation I the following error:

"Package file was not signed correctly."

As I said, its nothing too important, it hasnt negatively impacted in my opinion the already crappy facebook experience that is available to android, its just irritating and becoming increasingly more so irritating.

I tried searching so forgive me if this has already been answered.

personally I would just uninstall facebook and then either redownload it or just visit their mobile website. Since it is a system app you cant uninstall like a normal app. The easiest way to uninstall would be to get titanium backup from the market and use that to uninstall. If you are familiar with ADB you can use Remove Default Verizon Apps | Root Your Droid While it doesnt actually list facebook the command would be mv Facebook.apk Facebook.bak

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones