• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[Note 12.2] Searching app for note-taking

Gomox

Lurker
Dec 20, 2014
Hey guys!

I’m currently searching for a note-taking app on my Samsung Note 12.2.

Let me tell you what my needs are when it comes to daily university tasks (I’m an engineering student):

1. Writing down text

a. I’d like to write this down while using a keyboard.

b. However, sometimes the continous text includes greek letters or small pieces of formula / equations. It would be great if the app featured some kind of equation editor which is easily accessible while writing.

2. Writing down bigger equations

a. I’d be okay with writing them down by hand. An equation editor that recognizes hand writing would be awesome of course, but I’ve basically lost all hope in finding one :D

3. Creating (technical / mathematical) sketches

a. A grid is a must have!

b. Things I’d like to have are either multiple drag-and-drop forms or even a tool that lets me straight out lines / makes my circles perfectly round etc.

Which apps are you using for taking notes? Do you know any app that fulfills most of my needs?

I’ve tried S Note, but I don’t really like the current version (the old one was much better, at least according to some videos that I’ve seen). Formating seems to be quite difficult to do. It can convert handwritten equations, but there is no option to edit it after the converting, which really sucks.

Reactions: parijat0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones