• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Note 2 MHL-HDMI quick question

speedmans

Lurker
Sep 26, 2013
I started searching google for this answer but all i got was TV.. TV and TV.
So... i want to connect my Note 2 to my PC via a MHL-HDMI (you read right.. it's PC, not Monitor or TV).. so the cable would go in my video card which has HDMI (hdcp capable).
Is it possible ? Dose it work ? anyone tried it ?

The purpose of this is so i can capture the video output of the phone (record it.. re-stream it online, etc).

Would really appreciate an answer. Many thanks.

I won't say I am positive, but pretty sure the HDMI is only an out on the video card. It's not meant to receive data. Video cards are meant to put out displayed data to a screen

There are video capture cards with HDMI input. I think it won't capture copyrighted materials.

So for OP, it probably won't work. If you are just playing a video recorded with the phone, it may work, but it would be easier just copy the file out to the PC instead of doing a video capture in real time. If you are trying to capture Netflix or HBO Go or other streaming video... it will probably put out copyrighted signals and your video card capture won't work...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones