• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Note 2 "Read messages" greyed out

brandoson

Lurker
Nov 19, 2012
I am a long time Windows phone and iPhone user, and the gigantic screen on the Note 2 convinced me to make the switch. I am new to android and am happy with the phone so far except that it's clunky for email compared to my Windows Phone. :(

One thing I find very annoying is that messages marked as "Read" are set to a grey background with grey text. I am a heavy email user and this irritates me. Is there a way to change this? I have gone through all the settings and have not found a setting for this.

Every other email client in the world uses bold text for unread emails, then they are no longer bold after marked as read. The grey-on-grey is hard on the eyes and needs to be changed.

any ideas?

Brandon

Welcome brandoson!
Are you talking about the gmail messages or another email app?
I am not sure you can or not, as I am not familiar with the Note 2
But here is a link for your device and perhaps some others there have had, or can help you with your question:
http://androidforums.com/samsung-galaxy-note-2/

Unless there are themes available for it?

But thanks for joining:D
Sorry I don't have a more definitive answer for you.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones