• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Note 3 Screen Brightness Looks different in different phones

Hi all i was about to buy a Note 3 9005 yesterday, then i noticed a difference in the display of the model phones displayed in the shop. There was a white model and black model diplayed in the shop and the brightness was set to maximum in both the devices set to adpative brightness in both the devices..

After all these settings looks similar the black note 3 display looks very dull. That means the black note 3 is like, the display is dimmed. After setting all other settings similar to white one, still i was not able to find noticable change in the display. Is this usual in Note 3. I have seen so many people complains about the dimming of display even if the display is set to manual and full brightness ins everal forums....

Today i am going to buy my new Note and am little worried about the same...:thinking::) Please help if someone facing this kind of Issue..

My wife has a white 900A. I have a black 900A. When I run Touchwiz (which is as rarely as I can), both our phones look about the same. (I've never taken a light meter to the screens, but I would have noticed a difference in brightness.) I doubt that the 9005 has any more variation than the 900A - they probably just got one with a dull screen or something else making it look dull. (Does the black one have a matte screen protector?)

Upvote 0
I noticed absolutely same issue.
My wife has N-9005 white (made in Vietnam)
and I have N-9005 black (made in Korea) .
And White N-9005 has brigther colors.
In addition to this, Vietnam made N-9005 has bigger benchmark results.
I was thinking that, it was due to my bed luck.
Because,We bougth my wife's N-9005, same day, I ordered the original Korean for myself. And I waited 3 more weeks to have the device.
Life is not fair always :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones