• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Note 4 Auto-fit browser display

mjllew

Lurker
Oct 27, 2014
Upgraded to Note 4 from S3. Cannot find the auto-fit option for the browser to properly render a web page to the display. I read the news on the train from several sites and it makes no sense to need to pinch / zoom and/or move from left to right... I have 15 days before I can return the Note 4 or stuck with this phone for 2 yr contract. I Tried Chrome, opera mini, firefox, explorer. Maybe just stupid but does anyone else have this problem? Is there a way to optimize for this screen?

Just did a little forum searching and apparenly this is a recent design change. Web pages WILL NOT be rendered properly for view and you will just need to pinch/zoom and shift side to side to read web content. So happy I caught this within note 4 15 day trial and will return the phone so as not stuck with Android for 2 yr contract. What then is the purpose of the large excellent screen if not to surf the web and read? Didn't think I would be shopping for an Iphone 6 plus, but guess they just do it right...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones