• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help NOTE 4 UPDATE Information/Links/etc.....

Nothing?? AT&T just added the Amazon app and Evernote app into the mix and no one has anything to say about that?? Granted, they are both high quality apps, app that I wasn't using. You can disable the Amazon app, which i did. The Evernote app cannot be disabled so I logged into my old evernote account and checked it out. the app is great, the Evernote app for your PC is also very good. My problem is that with Drive, OneDrive, Keep and OneNote I don't really need Evernote. Whatevewr happened to that other one like Evernote?? Spring-something. Did it merge with another or close down completely ??

Upvote 0
The Evernote app cannot be disabled so I logged into my old evernote account and checked it out. the app is great, the Evernote app for your PC is also very good. My problem is that with Drive, OneDrive, Keep and OneNote I don't really need Evernote. Whatevewr happened to that other one like Evernote?? Spring-something. Did it merge with another or close down completely ??

SPRINGPAD closed their doors earlier this year:

http://www.engadget.com/2014/05/23/springpad-shutting-down/

I'm rooted-ROMMED & on T-Mobile & a similar update pushed additional crapware to the phone.
At least w/T-Mobile's variant,you have the option of uninstalling the apps & turning off the source app that keeps loading it up.
Glad I'm on T-MO:The NOTE4 shipped w/an unlocked bootloader,so,rooting/ROMMING is a breeze.The trade-off is it trips KNOX & potentially voids the warranty (technically,it does void the warranty,but,YMMV w/warranty service).

Anyhoo,this option isn't available to all,or,more importantly,not used/desired by most consumers.
Not cool to have to resort to rooting/ROMMING to rid your phone of unwanted wares,but,that's the reality of the situation & unfortunately,it's probably not going to change,as long as there is $ to be made from the Crapware industry.

Reactions: jaj324
Upvote 0
Nothing?? AT&T just added the Amazon app and Evernote app into the mix and no one has anything to say about that??

I'm really starting to consider an iPhone. When I'm done with this Note 4, we'll see where the bloat levels are. I have a feeling they will only get worse as devices ship with more and more memory.

They will NEVER listen to us, so the only way to make changes is by voting with your wallet. Buy products that don't have these things baked in...it's really the only way that they may even start to listen.

Take one for the team guys...buy an iPhone.

Upvote 0
I love my Note 4... but since this latest update it has been somewhat laggy and the battery is draining very fast. Not sure what to do but I am pretty disappointed. I think it may have something possibly to do with the text messaging back up to cloud so I am going to disable that and see if it helps.

Has anyone else had battery or lag issues since this latest update?

Upvote 0
I did think so there's no need to be rude.
My note 4 is unaffected performance wise and bloat is included software that in some cases add value and others not so.
You know what samsung devices contain so maybe you should've bought a nexus device?!
Personally I use a lot of the included stuff. So more fool you for buying something clearly unsuitable for you!
So less of the tone.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hi, hows it going?:) Let's keep things civil.

Dunno why you all Whine about bloat. Doesn't affect my note 4 as it's powerful enough to handle it. IPhone fans need to look elsewhere...

BTW, what I put in bold above sure sounds similar to I put in bold below.;)

Your statement isn't completely correct. Bloat does affect your Note 4. It may be powerful enough to overcome the effect but the effect is there. Think before you type.

So now that that's settled, let keep things constructive. There's nothing to gain calling out misconceptions or comprehension errors.:)

Upvote 0
Removable batteries and SD cards are becoming more rare these days. Samsung is still honoring this tradition, and I applaud them for it.

If I were to choose a phone with those features and no bloat, what would anyone suggest to me? Is there even an option? Maybe an unlocked, carrier independent Note 4 as mentioned above? I'd have tp pay $700 or so for it I guess :(

Upvote 0
All carriers got the update. The problem was noticed just after the Korean release. Samsung had the oppertunity to prepare the fix before it was released in most other markets. The update was available before the North American release. I'm on Rogers. and have had mine since release as well.

Did you do an update when you first got the phone?
Was your Phone, prior to this update, set to update Automatically?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones