• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Note II won't boot at all

Souris

Lurker
Sep 20, 2015
I have a Note II phone that worked fine. It's a backup phone that I used for a while and then put away until now. I want to start using it again, so I attempted booting it but it was frozen at the Samsung screen. I then tried pressing menu, power, and the volume and I selected to clear the cache. Since then it hasn't responded to anything, even when I attempted to power it on with a different battery. Is it completely useless now?

I have the same issue as Souris but my phone is being supported by a carrier. I tried to boot stays stuck in Samsung screen. I tried wipe and restore ,didn't work I now have it stuck in a screen that says :
Manuel Mode
Now send the package you want to apply to the device with adb sideload <filename>....
what does this mean ?
I just want ot be able to use this device to play games on.
Also It will only turn on or off by removing the battery.
thanks if you can advise.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones