• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Note on T-Mobile after flashing T-Mobile radio still not 4G speeds

eastbayarb

Mar 15, 2011
I have an unlocked Note that has Android 2.3.6 on it. I installed the Clockwork mod on it, and I flashed Tmo_SGH-T989_KID_radio_ATTNOTE (I have also tried 3 other modem files) to my Note. After the reboot, I see the 4G icon, but even though I am in a 4G area (San Francisco area of California), Speedtest only calculates that I get around 700kbps.

I know you can “force” your phone to use T-Mobile’s 4G network (if you get bad T-Mobile signals like me) by switching to HSPA Only mode in Settings->Wireless and network->Mobile networks->Network mode, but even after doing that, I still do not get 4G speeds.

Any ideas?

P.S. - I have already tried the method here (but no luck):
http://forum.xda-developers.com/archive/index.php/t-1547114.html

P.S.S - I have also tried the Saurom (SAUROM_XLA2_RCVII) with T-Mobile Blaze modem (Tmo_BlazeModem_0331122), and no luck either.

I also researched this a lot and believe that might just be the best speed you're gonna get. Different combos of modems and roms may have different effects, but some people just dont get good speeds, for whatever reason. Only thing i can say is to keep trying different combos. I just bought my note yesterday and will be putting in my t mobile sim when I get it. Hopefully I get some decent speeds.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones