• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Notepad, tasks, to-do-list apps missing

yoda9691

Lurker
May 29, 2012
I don't see default notepad and tasks list apps on my new android phone. Am I missing something or does android not support those apps? I would like to sync notepad and tasks list which is available via google account to my android phone rather than downloading another 3rd party app.

Google Tasks is in Beta, so no app yet but can be accessed via 3rd party apps. Google Docs is the note app you can use. It may not have been preinstalled in the phone for some reason, but you can download it from market.

Honestly, I don't understand the aversion to third party apps. That's part of what using a smartphone and computer is about. Like how most people don't like Internet Explorer, so they download something like Firefox or Chrome, which are third party options.

Reactions: yoda9691
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones