• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Notes App?

Best Note Taker for Incredible

• Catch

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Evernote

• QuickOffice + MS Word

• Other, please specify!

Votes: 6 100.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tracey P

Jan 22, 2011
Virginia
I'm a One Note user, and I for one OPTED for an HTC Droid OVER the Verizon iPhone :p and can list the reasons for any trolls out there (#1 widgets vs icons-only!)... so I'm not a hater, but M$ just released announcement of One Note for iPhone (*pukes*), and I'm POed.

Options I've Tried (add please!):

Catch -- this I like the best. It's a chitnzy solution in a way, but when I take mulitmedia notes on road, I get home, got to Catch site, and manually pull notes into One Note, and they're properly timestamped! Unfortunately, I can't figure how to get my OneNote notes into Catch.

Evernote -- it can import OneNote, so I was ALL over that tonight! *but* you lose "notebooks" (hundreds of notes not in 'sections', so you have to make notebooks for each section manuallly). And even if you make all the new notebooks and sync to desktop Evernote, I haven't quite figured out how to export Evernote back to One Note. Plus Evernote is slow. It was slower than using Dropbox to open giant spreadsheets and word docs!!! Maybe it speeds up with the cache over time? ...but the syncing is slow-ish too. I'm KEEPING Evernote for now because it DOES have notebooks at least, but Catch is looking better for synching.

(QuickOffice + Dropbox -- absolutely no One Note Support; if they add that, this wouldn't be an issue!)

I have a feeling w/ Evernote, I'd have to essentially USE Evernote instead of One Note on the laptops, but I don't like the way EN organizes its notebooks (plus I'd have to go w/ the pay plan eventually, and I'm already paid on One Note).

So has anyone else found solutions for importing/synching One Note and any Android app? Or found that Evernote is worth the switch? Or have news that Catch is developing something bigger in near future?

TIA
Tracey

Why don't you check out MobileNoter.
It syncs between onenote perfectly fine for me.

MobileNoter - Take notes on iPhone, iPad, Android and sync them with MS OneNote

It's in the marketplace as well. Good luck!

Yay! they're openly and PROUDLY competing with MS One Note as the best mobile app for One Note! LOVE it!

The problem is that right now, it's just a OneNote viewer. I've got it all installed and working, and it's great!, but I need to be able to take notes on the road. (The apple versions allow you to create notes and even notebooks). So when THAT ability comes to the app, I'll happily pay the monthly fee for using it.

Thanks for the possibility, though. If they follow through on their android plans, I'll HAPPILY keep w/ MobileNoter even if MS makes an android version; first to market *counts* in my book :)

I use Gtasks, free from the Market.

It's quick and simple and sync's with Google calendar.

I'll DL that and give it a try; I use OneNote a lot, but I depend on GCal too (big reason I wanted an android device). Thx!

Upvote 0
I've used evernote for a long time with iOS put found that I didn't have offline use when I switched to a real smart phone. Offline is a must for notes so I jumped into SpringPad. It has a great interface online and on the phone. Only thing missing is a desktop app but till that happens the web browser works well enough for my needs.

Switched to Springpad from Evernote. I didn't like the fact that you had to download your notes everytime you want to see them. Springpad works great.

Oooh, I've dl'ed Springpad and it's way faster than Evernote; and I definitely like how it has notebooks. I'm going to keep several on to see which I find most usable. Thx!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones