• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

notification for specific contacts?

LightFlow. Try the free version first. It's not a timed trial and is fully functional. It just works with fewer apps.

In notifications, add the contacts you want to get personalized alerts for. Then you can set specific ringtones and sms alert notifications from them. You can contact specific reminder tones that ring at specific intervals. You can also choose vibration or not.

Hardware dependent: you can even choose LED colors for each contact

For example:
Alice - Blue LED, ringtone 1, ringtone 1 repeats every 5 minutes and it vibrates every ten minutes
Bob - Green LED, ringtone 2, ringtone 2 repeats every 10 minutes and no vibration

Upvote 0
LightFlow. Try the free version first. It's not a timed trial and is fully functional. It just works with fewer apps.

In notifications, add the contacts you want to get personalized alerts for. Then you can set specific ringtones and sms alert notifications from them. You can contact specific reminder tones that ring at specific intervals. You can also choose vibration or not.

Hardware dependent: you can even choose LED colors for each contact

For example:
Alice - Blue LED, ringtone 1, ringtone 1 repeats every 5 minutes and it vibrates every ten minutes
Bob - Green LED, ringtone 2, ringtone 2 repeats every 10 minutes and no vibration

I second LightFlow for this!

Reactions: dustwun77
Upvote 0
Lightflow is a good suggestion, I know you can also with stock Android set different tones for different contacts, so you could potentially make "Bob's" no tone and just a vibrate, and set "Alice's" to a tone and vibrate.

Just a possible solution without having to download anything.

I think that's for incoming calls (ringtones). I've not seen it in stock Android for (sms/mms) notifications. I really wish Google would get on the ball with that one. :(

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones