Notification lights for SMS and Gmail

Last Updated:

1. johninbigd

johninbigd Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I've had my Droid since they came out last year. Somehow I was able to configure notification lights for Gmail and Handcent, but I don't remember how. I had to wipe my phone and start over and now I can't figure out how I did that. I have Touchdown Pro for Exchange and that allows me to customize the LED for that app, but I can't find the settings for Gmail or Handcent. I know they used to be there, but I can't remember what I did to make them appear. I must have installed a third-party app, but I have no idea what it was.

Any idea how I did it? :) I'd really like to get those notification LEDs back!

Advertisement
  2. johninbigd

I found the setting in Handcent, so no worries there. But for the life of me I can't remember how I got LED notifications for Gmail.

3. johninbigd

Well, crud. Now it looks like all of my LED notifications have stopped working. Weird. I think I have bigger problems. it's probably an app or something that is messing things up.

4. johninbigd

Nevermind. It was a setting that I thought was unrelated, but it turned out to be related. All seems to be working now.

5. gadzooks

gadzooks Well-Known Member

I use Gmail Notifier to configure different notifications (LED color included) for my gmail accounts.

LED notifications work differently in 2.1 -- they happen when screen is dark only.

6. Lock-N-Load

Lock-N-Load Well-Known Member