• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help notification sounds resetting

I've had my phone for a week and a half now. one of the first things I did was change my notification notes and whatnot.

it seems as if every time I change the ringer volume, my tones go back to default. it's SO annoying and frustrating. I'll change it and it will stick for a day or two then, once again, it resets back to the default tone (which I find obnoxious).

can anyone help?!

Anytime you make changes to your SD card where it needs to unmount or rescan for media (plugging it in to a PC to charge?) Will revert you back to stock because the sound file is no longer avalible. What I do is reformat the mp3 file to .ogg and put it in the sound folder under system/media (don't know the exact path right now anyone else feel free to chime in) this way your 'custom' sounds are now 'stock'

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones