• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

notification tones

Xian

Jun 9, 2010
So I am not sure what changed since whatever version of Android I was running on the G1 (1.5?) but on that, in order to change my notification tones, all I had to do was upload the sound files to the same place as my ringtones. I did so on the Slide and my ringtones are there but when I go to customize my notification tones in each particular app, it only gives me the options of the stock tones. Any ideas?

I found the notifications (wish we could set them per email address in the mail app) but where should I store my ringtones so i can assign them to callers?

I too wish we can assign individual tones to individual E-mail accounts. Since we all have so many, its nice to know when an e-mail arrives from certain accounts. Is there an app out there to do this?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones