• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Notification's not swiping?

DroidAbuser

Feb 15, 2012
Anyone else have any issues with notifications in the notifications drop down bar not swiping away when you attempt to swipe them?

One that I noticed so far is the stock music player. I was in my files listening to ringtones and notifications and when I got done I noticed the icon on the top left of my screen. So when I pulled down the notification bar it was the stock music app where I played a few ringtones through it. I attempted to swipe and it would not swipe off the screen.

Finally later on yesterday evening the top left icon for the music player just disappeared.

Anyone else experience this?

Thanks......

Just wanted to bump this and see if anyone has noticed anything like this at all? In addition to this problem i have also noticed that my media sound will not play on various applications whether i am trying to play a saved ringtone or notification or Netflix or a music app until i reboot the phone?

Upvote 0
With media notifications you have to exit the application properly to get the notification to go away. If you click/tap on the notification it should take you to the app that is running and you can use the back button to exit.

GPS notifications can work in a similar way. If you have an app that is updating your location it may be stuck. You should be able to shut GPS off and get rid of the notification. If you can do that then look for any apps you have updating your location on regular basis and adjust the settings.

Remember, not all apps are written the same. Some are set to end the moment you back out of them. Others will exit when you swipe them away in the recently used app list. Others won't exit unless you use the quite/exit option in their menu (Pandora comes to mind).

Upvote 0
With media notifications you have to exit the application properly to get the notification to go away. If you click/tap on the notification it should take you to the app that is running and you can use the back button to exit.

Just wanted to report back that this still does not work for me. I go to my notification bar, click on the specific media / sound file, it brings up the file, and then I click on the back button (which takes me out of the file and back to the directory if you will), but the notification still does not go away in the notification area???

Crazy.....feels like I have my BB back!

Upvote 0
Just wanted to report back that this still does not work for me. I go to my notification bar, click on the specific media / sound file, it brings up the file, and then I click on the back button (which takes me out of the file and back to the directory if you will), but the notification still does not go away in the notification area???

Crazy.....feels like I have my BB back!

Have you long pressed the home button and swiped away the app from the recently used list? It may still be running in there.

Upvote 0
Have you long pressed the home button and swiped away the app from the recently used list? It may still be running in there.

No, I have not...but I will try that the next time the media "hangs" in the notification area....which should be anytime I play a media clip (ringtone, notification sound, etc).

I will report back later on with my findings to see if that helps clear the notification area.

Thanks for your response and assistance.....

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones