• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

NSA Secretly Collecting Phone Records

I'm against all organized religions. They've brought humanity so much peace.....
How many millions have been killed in the name of God/Allah?

But this thread was created to discuss the NSA. Not religion. But since we are on the subject of death caused by religion, how about we bring up the 10s of millions who were massacred during the U.S.S.R.'s reign on Russia for not denying their various faiths and beliefs in the name of Atheism and the "glorious revolution?" there is bad and good in everything.

Duality my friend.

And just for reference here are a few other countries who have massacred religious people (especially Christians) in the name of Atheism.

China
Romania
Czekoslavakia (think I spelled this wrong)
Cuba
North Korea

Upvote 0
:rofl:

Is there any evidence for all this? Or is it - as it usually is with these things - a few isolated nuggets of truth that have been misunderstood, twisted, blown up out of all proportion, then strung together with large dollops fantasy to form (yet another) mother of all conspiracy theories? :rolleyes:

I know it's futile to engage with this sort of thing, but honestly, reality check: all of that would involve MILLIONS of people. Could the (apparently totally inept) government even start thinking of something on that scale - let alone planning and implementing it - without it being on the front page of every newspaper and newsite on the planet?

If it's possible, then there really are aliens in Area 51 .. :hahaha:

Yes our 'inept' government can. I'm sorry I don't have the link for you at this time, but I do recall a CNN news story that covered a company that makes targets for police and military personnel that had pregnant women, kids, and others with guns to fire upon. (obviously why would they have all these targets unless it was for preparation of a take over and or to stop a revolt) oh and it was all set in an urban setting especially inside of actual houses, like they were coming in to take them and kill the ones defending themselves.
I think the threat is pretty real.

Don't you think other countries peoples thought it would never happen to them too?

There's no sense to plunge your head in the sand. It's always good to keep a watchful eye on people who are in charge of you.

Upvote 0
But this thread was created to discuss the NSA. Not religion. But since we are on the subject of death caused by religion, how about we bring up the 10s of millions who were massacred during the U.S.S.R.'s reign on Russia for not denying their various faiths and beliefs in the name of Atheism and the "glorious revolution?" there is bad and good in everything.

Duality my friend.

And just for reference here are a few other countries who have massacred religious people (especially Christians) in the name of Atheism.

China
Romania
Cuba
North Korea

They wanted to remove religion and make the state the all powerful. Nothing is more powerful than the state, and the leader would be God. Not a religion per se, but more like an all knowing, all powerful government.... kinda like how the church used to work.
The NSA is the holy spirit. congress is the angels. Obama(edit: the presidency) is Jesus lol

Edit: the majority of voters seem to think that the person they vote into office is going to be their savior. This goes for Bush as well.

Upvote 0
They wanted to remove religion and make the state the all powerful. Nothing is more powerful than the state, and the leader would be God. Not a religion per se, but more like an all knowing, all powerful government.... kinda like how the church used to work.
The NSA is the holy spirit. congress is the angels. Obama(edit: the presidency) is Jesus lol

Edit: the majority of voters seem to think that the person they vote into office is going to be their savior. This goes for Bush as well.

I do agree.

Putting all of your cards on the table, per say, on politicians is just ridiculous if not irresponsible.

Our world is in a fragile state right now, and it's going to take everyone united to help pull us out of the hole. Not just one person or one small group of people.

And spying on us isn't solving anything either. They need our trust to be able to help America prosper again, among other things, such as abolishing the Federal Reserve. But that's for another day.

Upvote 0
I do recall a CNN news story that covered a company that makes targets for police and military personnel that had pregnant women, kids, and others with guns to fire upon. (obviously why would they have all these targets unless it was for preparation of a take over and or to stop a revolt) oh and it was all set in an urban setting especially inside of actual houses

OK, I only have the evidence of a load of movies, games and TV shows for this, but I would have thought a far more reasonable explanation for this is that you want to train police in an urban environment because that's where they work and the 'targets' of women, children etc are put into these environments as common hazards you have to avoid shooting.

Seems to me that's a whole lot more reasonable and plausible explanation than 120,000 sworn officers of the law training to murder pregnant women and kids - and not a single one complaining.

There's no sense to plunge your head in the sand. It's always good to keep a watchful eye on people who are in charge of you.

Absolutely.

But wasting time on stories that but a few seconds of rational thought show are clearly absurd and totally impractical just wastes time and takes vigilence away from things actually do matter, like the crazy political funding laws created (I use the word advisedly) by the Supreme Court. Those are a very real threat to your democracy, your rights and your financial, environmental and medical well being.

All this other stuff is entertaining, but it's total BS.

But this thread was created to discuss the NSA. Not religion. But since we are on the subject of death caused by religion, how about we bring up the 10s of millions who were massacred during the U.S.S.R.'s reign on Russia for not denying their various faiths and beliefs in the name of Atheism and the "glorious revolution?" there is bad and good in everything

My objection is to 'belief' based systems that condemn and supress argument and rational examination. That covers the vast majority of organised religions as well as ideologies based on political, racial and any other dogma.

China
Romania
Cuba
North Korea

If we were to list the number of countries that have massacred people (religious and non-religious) in the name of religion, it would not only include all five on your list, but pretty much every country on earth.

The only exceptions I can think of are countries that were created recently - like the Czech Republic and Slovakia - but those were all created from countries of which this was true so, since changing your name doesn't make you innocent, they're guilty, too.

Upvote 0
OK, I only have the evidence of a load of movies, games and TV shows for this, but I would have thought a far more reasonable explanation for this is that you want to train police in an urban environment because that's where they work and the 'targets' of women, children etc are put into these environments as common hazards you have to avoid shooting.

Seems to me that's a whole lot more reasonable and plausible explanation than 120,000 sworn officers of the law training to murder pregnant women and kids - and not a single one complaining.

Absolutely.

But wasting time on stories that but a few seconds of rational thought show are clearly absurd and totally impractical just wastes time and takes vigilence away from things actually do matter, like the crazy political funding laws created (I use the word advisedly) by the Supreme Court. Those are a very real threat to your democracy, your rights and your financial, environmental and medical well being.

My objection is to 'belief' based systems that condemn and supress argument and rational examination. That covers the vast majority of organised religions as well as ideologies based on political, racial and any other dogma.

If we were to list the number of countries that have massacred people (religious and non-religious) in the name of religion, it would not only include all five on your list, but pretty much every country on earth.

The only exceptions I can think of are countries that were created recently - like the Czech Republic and Slovakia - but those were all created from countries of which this was true so, since changing your name doesn't make you innocent, they're guilty, too.

The targets, as I recall, had various targets on kill shots. (chest and head)

Another thing that concerns me was my friend recently joined the marines, and he, as well as others, were asked, if ordered to do so, would be willing to fire upon American civilians. Of course my friend said him and most of the people that were asked said no. But why even ask it? There should never be a reason for any military, let alone MARINES, to fire upon American civilians.

I could maybe see how that would be relevant with National Guard, but still.

And there's no denying that religious conflicts have killed millions. But most religions have came to their senses and put a stop to the violence. You got to think.. The most bloodshed in Christianity's history was the Crusades. Which was led by the Pope.

Religion didn't cause that war, greed and power hungriness did.

Now I don't want to sound like a jerk, but the bible doesn't encourage violence, except in the old testament, but even then that was for violating the law.

In the Koran it, in so many words, says you better became a Muslim because if you don't Allah says you're not worthy to live. That's what atheists try to compare us Christians to.

But I rest my case on religion. This isn't the place to discuss it.

Reactions: chrlswltrs
Upvote 0
Just curious, what exactly do you call credible sources, since even the DOD providing their own training material and other events caught on video are not credible?

CNN, NBC, CBS? The media outlets that the high ups (CEO, board of directors, etc) all have close family members in the Obama administration? Is the only media you think is credible the ones that have reasons to cover for the corruption?

Absolutely.

Still waiting to know what you would accept as a "credible" source, or is nothing credible if it involves a government turning against it's own people? And, BTW in case you didn't know, FOX has more viewers than all the other main stream channels combined as people are starting to realize how much the other networks refuse to report news.

I'm sure all of these victims never thought democide would happen in their country either:
China- 76,702,000 citizens from 1949-1987
USSR- 61,911,000 between 1917-1987
Germany- 20,946,000 between 1933-1945
Japan- 5,964,000 between 1935-1945
Plus many others just since 1900 including Cambodia, Poland, Pakistan, Yugoslavia, N Korea, Mexico, etc

BTW, in all of these instances the government never said it was legal for the government to kill citizens at any time with the only justification being the leader said to do it. The US government has said that. Obama has his kill list and the Attorney General has confirmed that the president can legally kill any citizen he deems deserves it on American soil at any time with no due process.

But, that's right, it could never happen again... just like all those victims thought it could never happen to them.

Or is history not a credible source either, since apparently anything that goes against unicorns and rainbows isn't credible?

Upvote 0
This is a forum if a mod says don't discuss stuff listen don't argue, they do what they have to to protect this site so that we can have a place to speak our minds in fact idk of many that wouldn't close this thread down just because of the topic

Chances are as many people who visited this thread or topic somebody's isp or carrier is reporting it back so there watching out for us and there forum metadata nonsense stuff its probably watched more so then by just users on android forums since u don't have to be a member to view stuff on the site

They even get your credit card info every time u buy something for nsa type whatever's and its been proven they abuse these powers and abilities by spying on love affairs, secret courts meetings , & who knows what else or how many times a card theft is the result of there data collection interception abilities

http://business.time.com/2013/06/11...ing-you-swipe-the-nsas-credit-card-data-grab/

Upvote 0
This is a forum if a mod says don't discuss stuff listen don't argue, they do what they have to to protect this site so that we can have a place to speak our minds in fact idk of many that wouldn't close this thread down just because of the topic

Chances are as many people who visited this thread or topic somebody's isp or carrier is reporting it back so there watching out for us and there forum metadata nonsense stuff its probably watched more so then by just users on android forums since u don't have to be a member to view stuff on the site

They even get your credit card info every time u buy something for nsa type whatever's and its been proven they abuse these powers and abilities by spying on love affairs, secret courts meetings , & who knows what else or how many times a card theft is the result of there data collection interception abilities

http://business.time.com/2013/06/11...ing-you-swipe-the-nsas-credit-card-data-grab/

Uhhhh.....

Yeah.. You do realize that Walmart and other major retail/grocery stores' antitheft bar code towers by the front door also scans the RFID chips in your license as well as your credit cards right?

Lol they are watching everywhere.

As for closing down the thread.. Why?

What's the point?

Maybe other forums would close it down. But as far as I can tell Android Forums encourages individual thought, without major censorship. Unlike most other forums. Tyrannical groups like to make decisions for the masses. (protecting us from ourselves)

Nobody should want this thread closed, because this is an important topic that needs to be discussed.

Stop living in fear.

You do realize the FBI has literally millions of "red flag phrases" for terrorism?

Lol for example, I requested a file about what the FBI has on me via the Freedom of Information Act, and a red flag popped up about me stating on a forum and Facebook, and I quote, "I don't agree with the Obama Administration."

Also me being affiliated with a church.

And looking up a controversial book.. 7 years ago! (freedom huh??)

Don't want the government knowing this much about you? Don't even go online. Period. But regardless they collect credit card info for analytical and market research purposes. There is no avoiding it.

Upvote 0
But as far as I can tell Android Forums encourages individual thought, without major censorship. Unlike most other forums. Tyrannical groups like to make decisions for the masses. (protecting us from ourselves)

Nobody should want this thread closed, because this is an important topic that needs to be discussed.

Bingo on all the above.

Attack the issues without attacking each other personally, stay in the neighborhood of the topic, don't abuse the language filter more than you have to, and the rest is game on as far as we're concerned.

Let's call it squarsies and get back our regularly scheduled topic.

Upvote 0
That is true i feel stronger as united then separated on this topic & knowing there's others that don't like what there doing either & divided we fall its bad enough he Obama brings race in the card to try to divide us as a country more so that were against each other as Americans based on color so he & his officials can focus on their own agendas while we fight amongst ourselves,

Upvote 0
seems every weekend theres a kajillion man march about something........ very rarely do more than a few hundred show up....... and its kind of lost its wow factor.... these marches meant something the first 60 billion times...... since then its just people who get trampled by the press

of course if a few hundred show up its still more than have signed up for obamacare so I guess thats worth something

Upvote 0
Nobody cares about the NSA- nearly half (or more, I forget which_) of Americans are okay with these programs "as long as it stops terrorists", which it has yet to prove that it can.

This is true. I think the general population is just plain ignorant, and that's intentional. Way back when, only the elites were literate, and that was intentional.

Pluralism. A word I learned earlier this year.

Upvote 0
I think a lot do care about it, but a lot are also afraid, with good reasons, it can and has been used against american civilians to prosecute , and it will again, yet no-one can request from the nsa the info they obtained to prove their innocents,

Here's Homeland Security using Ariel spy drones to arrest a farmer that had 300 acres of land that was arrested, the court has uphold this arrest

http://mobile.usnews.com/news/artic...estic-drone-use-in-arrest-of-american-citizen

And here's a man in FL trying to get nsa to prove his innocence

http://articles.sun-sentinel.com/20...ecords-bank-robbery-suspect-cellphone-records

and here's the lawyers for the accused
And admission that the Nsa tips off local authorities, fbi & so forth for years to prosecute

http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/08/18/3571531/defense-lawyers-insist-on-clients.html

Upvote 0
Fake cell towers, aka stingrays & other names u get a tip passed on by NSA to a law official they got effective man in the middle attacks where your phone automatically connects to the stronger best tower then they never had to mention NSA involved at all they just gathered your info to present to a court when they got enough on you for a arrest
But without our bill of rights & ways of avoiding search warrants our system of justice , The Judicial systems fall apart u dissect one and the others fall apart or whats to stop from altering bill of rights more

below. Is fake cell towers they use to gather info on targets, i don't even know if this can be prevented because your phone's gonna connect to the stronger signals, & usually there is a type of data recorder , picking all within ranges signals , not just target by doing this they don't need court ordered supenas from carriers might be something the FCC can fix but why would they

https://www.techdirt.com/articles/2...collected-via-stingray-fake-cell-towers.shtml

Upvote 0
Figured I would Share

Https Everywhere Available For Android & Mobile & Newer seemingly Stable Firefox mobile browser Also Seems A lot faster then Beta off Playstore

https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/mobile/aurora/

https://www.eff.org/https-everywhere
1392306048868.jpg1392306060767.jpg

Reactions: !on
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones