• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Number Missing from Call Log

seanb85

Lurker
Jun 22, 2013
Hi guys,

Posted this in the Android Lounge section but one of the mods suggested I post it in here too...

Really hoping someone can help here! Last night I took down someone's number in my phone (Samsung Galaxy 3) and I called it so I assumed it would be in my call log. Unfortunately, it wasn't! :mad::mad: The only explanation I can offer is maybe I had poor reception so the call didn't ring, but I definitely pressed the Call button so I'm assuming that call should be registered somewhere...

Now, to my question. Is there anyway I can look at the back end of my phone, or any apps, that would enable me to find out what keys I pressed at that time i.e. what the number is! I'm thinking because I pressed the call button it should have triggered a record somewhere in my phone, it's just where that would be?

Also, if the call had rung, and the person didn't pick up but it didn't go to voicemail or anything, would my network provider still have a record of it?

Thanks guys, sorry for the long post!! :D

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones