• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Odin flashing(Return to stock) for the Samsung Transform Ultra

Is the system file in the OP the equivalent of an HTC ruu or a Moto sbf? I'm trying to revive a friend's TU, but both stock and CWM recovery are giving me the E:misc not found error and rebooting immediately. I'm wondering if he somehow managed to corrupt the misc partition and if the system file would overwrite it. The phone boots to the lock screen and then loops. It does go into download mode, and I've flashed both CWM and the full set of return-to-stock files. I'm reasonably sure that I unplugged it from the computer quickly enough to prevent CWM from being overwritten, but even if I hadn't, would that have affected the stock recovery?

Upvote 0
I'm not quite sure I understand what you're asking, but I have alternated between stock and CW recoveries, so at some point stock was on before CWM. Neither of them would load. I removed the battery as soon as the phone was connected to the computer, and as soon as it powered down and Odin gave the "closing serial connection" message I unplugged it.

Upvote 0
I'm not quite sure I understand what you're asking, but I have alternated between stock and CW recoveries, so at some point stock was on before CWM. Neither of them would load. I removed the battery as soon as the phone was connected to the computer, and as soon as it powered down and Odin gave the "closing serial connection" message I unplugged it.

As soon as Odin changes from recovery to (I believe it says) rebooting, unplug your device. DO NOT LET ODIN REBOOT YOUR PHONE. Then put battery back in and go into cwm, and flash tu_root.

Sent from my SPH-M930 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: lilyellowones
Upvote 0
I was watching the phone's screen, and the moment it was done processing the download from Odin (at which point it blanked) I unplugged it. Same error when I tried to go to recovery.

OK so when the screen went black (process of rebooting) you disconnected the phone from the computer? Then put battery in, and tried to go into recovery?

If this helped in any small way, don't forget the thanks button.

Upvote 0
Correct. I tried to take a video of it, but it's rather hard to make out the exact moment when I'm unplugging it (or much of anything else) due to the lighting. As Odin is running, the text covers the majority of the screen, and then it abruptly blinks off; that's when I pull the cord. Then I replace the battery, hold Volume Down and Power until I see the Samsung splash, at which point I release the Power button but keep holding volume down. Depending on which recovery I've flashed, I either see Andy jumping out of the box for a couple seconds, and then an error about E:misc and a missing logfile for roughly a second, or the CWM logo and about half a second of E:misc errors. Then it reboots and will bootloop until I pull the battery.

Upvote 0
It's a Samsung, the back panel says Boost, and the model number from behind the battery is SPH-M930. He told me that it was a Transform Ultra. I don't have the original packaging and I can't get it far enough into Android to check settings to verify beyond that. This is a stretch, since it went sour on him, but the cable I'm using is Motorola. Is the TU one of the Samsungs that's particularly picky about cables? The only Samsung cable I might be able to get ahold of right now is from a feature phone.

Upvote 0
It's a Samsung, the back panel says Boost, and the model number from behind the battery is SPH-M930. He told me that it was a Transform Ultra. I don't have the original packaging and I can't get it far enough into Android to check settings to verify beyond that. This is a stretch, since it went sour on him, but the cable I'm using is Motorola. Is the TU one of the Samsungs that's particularly picky about cables? The only Samsung cable I might be able to get ahold of right now is from a feature phone.

Sorry I was a little slow. You have a Samsung transform ultra.

Well, hmmmmmm....

You can get into Odin. And Odin sees your device but beyond that your in a boot loop. Hmmmmm. Give me a moment. I think I may have seen something that may or may not help.

Upvote 0
all i see there is the stock recovery but in loota's video he says that we will need the tu cwm recovery.tar. please help me

You probably wont want or need this...

Original Cwm
tu_CWM_recovery - Minus

From: http://androidforums.com/transform-...ing-return-stock-samsung-transform-ultra.html

You will want this one...

New Cwm
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/50773952/CWM/CWM_Odin_pkg.zip

From: http://androidforums.com/transform-...wm-new-clockworkmod-fixed-no-2min-reboot.html

Reactions: Blankname7
Upvote 0
i successful flashed cwm and rooted my phone but when i first got my phone (Samsung transform ultra) there was a system update to 2.3.6 and i upgraded it. now the same update notification comes up and i want to know how to get rid if it.the system firmware also still says 2.3.6 so im really confused. should i do the update?:thinking:

The update is probably for the baseband. They sent out two updates in less than a month (I believe). Are you familiar with build.prop?

Reactions: Blankname7
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones