• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Odin Help

XLS125

Dec 2, 2010
Every time I put a file into the PDA section of Odin (4.03) I get an error message saying, "Invalid Image Type". I have tried several different files and even a different computer and i get the same message. Does anyone know what I am doing wrong? Thanks for your help.

Upvote 0
Do I download the file on to my sdcard? Then power off the power, hold down the down volume button and plug in the usb cable? When I did that, a yellow triangle appeared on my screen and at the bottom it says downloading, do not turn off target.

Or after I download the file, do I need to click on the file? For some reason it's not promting me for Odin.

Thanks

Upvote 0
Do I download the file on to my sdcard? Then power off the power, hold down the down volume button and plug in the usb cable? When I did that, a yellow triangle appeared on my screen and at the bottom it says downloading, do not turn off target.

Or after I download the file, do I need to click on the file? For some reason it's not promting me for Odin.

Thanks

for odin

1. make sure you have the sammy drivers installed
2. download odin, and the file you want to push to a file somewhere on ur comp you ll remember where it is
3. put the phone in d/l mode (power off hold volume down and plug in usb) you ll have the yellow triangle thing
4. open odin on ur desktop and load the file under pda
5. hit start
6. let it run
7. profit

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones