• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

odys loox or odys xelio?

hello,

I'm new to the tablet world and want to make my first steps.
I do not have a big budget and I searched the web for which tablet to buy.
A couple of weeks ago I saw that the odys loox scored very well for a 100€ tablet. The Loox has android 2.3. Today I found out about the odys xelio which has Android 4.0.
The xelio has almost the same specifications as the loox and also the price is around the same price.
Only the screen resolution of the xelio is 800x480 and the loox is 800x600!
Both are 7" screens.
Also the loox has a resisitive multitouch screen and the xelio has capacitive multitouch.

Does anyone of you have experience with either one?

What are your thoughts?

Well I have one of the Xelio tablets, more as a way of seeing if I like Android before deciding on whether to dump IOS early next year. This is a €99 so you do get what you pay for, that said it actually feels better in terms of build quality than my work's Archos. Just don't expect miracles with this device but is is better than it's €99 price tag would suggest.

I wrote a small review of the Xelio, just visit my profile for more info on how to read it. The device itself was recommended to my by someone else in the tech community here but like you I could not find many English reviews, hence the reason I wrote one myself.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones