• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[Official] Extended Batteries

That is just me and my personal preference, which does not apply to others.

I would never buy any other than Samsung's battery. The moment you are using 3rd party product, you forfeit the right to any warranty claims. Even if the phone damage is not battery related, Samsung will say that it was due to the use of "unauthorized accessories". And they can easily find out what powered your device, so putting the ORI battery back in case of problem, won't work.

My 780$ phone, is not worth 20$ experiment from Amazon. That's just my view.

Upvote 0
When you send your phone into Samsung, you don't send the battery.

I really like anker products. Have always had good luck with them and they have great customer service.

I've also had a few phones repaired under warranty by Samsung (using banker batteries), and they never ask about accessories.

If they wouldn't fix your phone because you used another branded accessory when the problem has nothing to do with that.... They'd have a PR nightmare. Not gonna happen

Upvote 0
I realy dont get the extended battery thing, especially the ones with the rear case that make your S4 look like a humpback whale:rolleyes:

Used this solution with my S3 and it just works

41jqew16qEL._SX385_.jpg

Upvote 0
Has anyone tried out any of those backup battery cases? Mophie doesn't make one for the S4 as of yet I believe, but I've seen the Incipio offGRID and the ExoLife S4 online. I just got the phone, so I want to look into all the options for battery life on the phone. An extended battery or a spare is the easy way to go, I know, but I was just wondering if any of these are even worth trying? Any input would be helpful. Thanks! :D

Upvote 0
i agree that the larger size in the phone is not preferable. the only one thing that bothers me about buying another 2600 mah battery, is that if I have to switch it out, i would have to turn of my phone, and swap it out. i guess it just really depends on which you find works better for you. I will probably go with getting at most, 2 more spare batteries.

Upvote 0
I really love the idea of this 7500 mAh extended battery but my only issue is that I don't want to put my phone in my pocket. I have always used and always will use a belt holster so I was wondering if anyone that has the battery knows of a belt case or holster that will fit it snug and secure. Currently I use the Otterbox Defender which comes with a great holster. I really need the extended battery since I'm a heavy user. The problem with getting a power pack or extra batteries is carrying them around. I just don't have the pocket space for all that which is why I prefer going with Zero Lemon. Any help would be appreciated.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones