***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**General

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Last Updated:

1. Ytram

Ytram Well-Known Member

Dude, just have her tell you. No one expects you to risk your sister's job by telling us, and I'd rather someone knew something.

You'd only be like P3 if you held it over our heads for the rest of this thread.

Advertisement
    drbugsmn likes this.
  2. HanSolo

HanSolo Guest

I know. And I'm the biggest crazy nut job here. But I know myself. I'd tell someone, and it would get out. And then she'd be pissed or, worse yet, would get in trouble.

Best to keep the fuse from being lit.
    Gandalf7, Tytan, BobF and 8 others like this.
  3. brightside

brightside Active Member

I'm encouraged by this though! If your sister knows the date now, maybe verizon is ready to release it soon and other people will start to know. I think we'll all know the date soon enough... :)
  4. Khatmandu

Khatmandu Well-Known Member

For your own peace of mind, get the date from her. From what I've seen, you won't be a windsock tool. He'd lord it over us and talk down to us or imply he'll release it if he gets x amount of followers.

You'll know and can stop the anguish over when it is coming, the rest of us can continue to have fun speculating. Heck, just knowing your sister has a date for it is enough for me to be honest.
  5. jasaero

jasaero Well-Known Member

And may have Steven corroborate date with sources and just update the thread title if it corroborates. Seems from what you said that if you sister was able to find a firm date stevens sources should be hearing the same number.
  6. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

So I was in the FedEx office today returning my phone for a refurbished droid X. I got into a conversation with the clerk who is an iPhone user. He said he needed to upgrade and that you tried to jailbreak his phone once but it failed and he got scared and stop.

Forgive me think the English because I'm dictating this as I drive.

So this other guy go comes over to me who works at FedEx. He's a super Duper power android user! He told me he's rated he's waiting for the Samsung galaxy nexus !!! He said he had never heard of this thread. I found that shocking! Wink wink

I told him about us and he said he going to come on over and sign up and take a look at the thread.

Considering his excitement about the Samsung galaxy nexus I felt that the right thing to do to tell him to get on over here.

I do hope he joins.

That's today's story ladies and gentlemen!
    Tytan, OfTheDamned, bdub and 7 others like this.
  7. pcriz

pcriz Well-Known Member

What do you think I want more competition on release day? Not to mention most of the people I know IRL haven't the slightest idea what a Galaxy Nexus is.. say what? Water on Mars you say?
  8. Ytram

Ytram Well-Known Member

Fair enough. Best to err on the side of caution.
  9. durangojim

durangojim Well-Known Member

Here's your solution. without looking at the text, forward it to one of us. Then you didn't tell anyone and you could have plausible deniability. Problem is you can never look at the text. The date is 11/28 btw
  10. dakster

dakster Well-Known Member

Good call. Look on the bright side, if she found out now, then perhaps vzw has finally decided and the news is spreading around the organization a bit. If so, someone else will leak it.

Someone who we couldn't care less if they lost their job :)

Just kidding of course.

Or am I....
  11. solo88

solo88 Well-Known Member

If she says you'll be very happy then it'll be within a week. If she says you'll be happy, within 2 weeks........if you'll be a little disappointed, early Dec. If she says you're gonna shat your pants in hatred, I'll see you next year!
  12. tpags

tpags Well-Known Member

Wow. That right there folks is a team player. Win as a team and lose as team. Your a swell guy Mr. Han. :D
    Gandalf7, Tytan, cusjs and 10 others like this.
  13. Sushibagel

Sushibagel Well-Known Member

I respect your decision Han. I do like the idea of the PM to Steven so it can be "The Source" but that's just me being selfish lol :)
    jmar likes this.
  14. HanSolo

HanSolo Guest

Kellex just tweeted:
    Coincidence??
  15. jkc120

jkc120 Well-Known Member

A friend of mine has a friend who's in VZW management. He txt'd back that the release is Black Friday. My friend is going to ask how firm a date this is...standby.
    mistermojorizi likes this.
  16. jbdan

jbdan Well-Known Member

Welcome denzel enjoy your stay here!
  17. JC13

JC13 Well-Known Member

i would assume if your sister found a date Hans, that others have as well and it'll be leaked eventually. No sense in her losing her job, when someone else will likely take the risk on their own shortly.
  18. BabyBlues

BabyBlues Trouble Just Finds Me! VIP Member

+ 1 billion!
    Highwayman and jmar like this.
  19. tdub88

tdub88 Well-Known Member

I still think you should. It has nothing to do with having power. Like I said, if she has a date, others have a date and it will out soon from other sources.

Get the info, keep it to yourself so she doesn't get in trouble.
  20. snowquest

snowquest Well-Known Member

...some of us lurkers could keep quiet! Really...
    bdub likes this.
  21. jbdan

jbdan Well-Known Member

Great story Steven thx and your dictation well works think good! :D
  22. durangojim

durangojim Well-Known Member

If your sister knows, so does someone else, and soon so will everyone else.
  23. Crashumbc

Crashumbc Well-Known Member

24. Stigy

Stigy Some say... VIP Member

Earliest? Eek I do not like the sound of it.

I guess we wait for a text back from your sister about November / December now.
  25. BabyBlues

BabyBlues Trouble Just Finds Me! VIP Member

Yes, yes - i have no doubts of SOME. My doubts lie with ALL
    Highwayman and snowquest like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.