• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly, EarlyMon's conspiracy theory aside, it's likely way too late in the game to change the specs on the phone to 16 gb. That'd be a lot of product someone would have to eat or change. If we were back in say.. September.. maybe. It'd definitely take longer than the time to get us to the rumored December 8th date between remanufacturing, loading the phones with software, shipping and distribution to retail locations. Not to mention changing all of the Verizon posters we saw earlier to reflect the change.. Verizon would be cutting it's nose off to spite it's face.

Nobody is questioning if it was changed. Just concerned that it was never actually verified in the first place. We all simply believed it to be true without actually having official confirmation.

Upvote 0
Going on the theory that Google knows how to manage web pages - please note that if instead of google.com/nexus you go to google.co.uk/nexus you'll find the UK page still shows 16/32.

I still think there was no mistake - I think the change was driven by Verizon and accepted by Google.

Of course, not that it's making me all twitchy or anything but at this point, any info change on the Gnex is accompanied by me looking for snakes under the bed and monsters in the closet.

Or OTD sneaking up behind you with a hungry look in her eyes. :p

Upvote 0
Galaxy Nexus - The Stairs Test | Drop Test - YouTube
We're all sitting here waiting for SOME glimmer of hope for the GNex availability, and this guy is throwing it down a flight of stairs! :(
(I know it's all in good humor but this makes me want one even more! Also makes me wonder why he would risk doing that for such an expensive device!)

Reactions: MoPhoMan
Upvote 0
Just ordered my Galaxy Nexus from Handtec. It was a tough decision to pick the international version over Verizon solely because of LTE, but I don't particularly like the way Verizon has handled this. Plus, I'm an AT&T customer with unlimited data and HSPA+ isn't that bad (plus talk/data simultaneously over 3G, travel internationally, and likely longer battery life without LTE).

Good luck to all of you still waiting. I feel like a huge weight has been lifted off of me (even though it might not arrive until after the Verizon version is out). No more F5 for me, though I'll probably still check in.

Upvote 0
The consensus has been to change the title when we have more than one source with a date.

The problem with this is we have a bunch of different dates that at some point or another have had more than one source. If we were truely following this idea right now we'd have 11/21 and 12/8 both listed at the very least since we still have many sources stating it chould still be 11/21.

Upvote 0
Just ordered my Galaxy Nexus from Handtec. It was a tough decision to pick the international version over Verizon solely because of LTE, but I don't particularly like the way Verizon has handled this. Plus, I'm an AT&T customer with unlimited data and HSPA+ isn't that bad (plus talk/data simultaneously over 3G, travel internationally, and likely longer battery life without LTE).

Good luck to all of you still waiting. I feel like a huge weight has been lifted off of me (even though it might not arrive until after the Verizon version is out). No more F5 for me, though I'll probably still check in.

Congrats man! :cool:

Upvote 0
Honestly, EarlyMon's conspiracy theory aside, it's likely way too late in the game to change the specs on the phone to 16 gb. That'd be a lot of product someone would have to eat or change. If we were back in say.. September.. maybe. It'd definitely take longer than the time to get us to the rumored December 8th date between remanufacturing, loading the phones with software, shipping and distribution to retail locations. Not to mention changing all of the Verizon posters we saw earlier to reflect the change.. Verizon would be cutting it's nose off to spite it's face.

See this is funny, because you are assuming that there is a warehouse full of LTE galaxy nexus's that are 32gb models already (and not 16gb already). You automatically took the 32gb rumor as fact. So many people in this thread seem to do that, take all the positive rumors and state them as fact and then deny anything negative even when it comes from a more credible source. I'm not against being optimistic, but at least be logical.

Here is an example. Many people are swearing that the LTE version HAS to be 32gb because all of these testers have 32gb LTE models. However, these same test models also have 1750mah batteries. But no one believes it will have a 1750mah battery because the google site says it will have an 1850mah battery (as they should), but yet from that same source it now says 16gb, but everyone refuses it to be true! lol.

All I'm saying, is the only LEGIT source we have right now is the google website, which states it will be 16gb now. Until that web site changes, I say we will be getting screwed on this one.

Upvote 0

Out of curiosity, when did it say it might ship by?

Upvote 0
Well, you haters are missing the whole point of the excitement of this thread. And that means you folks that are going to jump from the VZW boat.

As a long time VZW/Moto phone hacker, you still don't get it. I am sure my post will get buried as this thread grows faster than I can post.
Has anyone here ever used used the original razr? More specifically the V3c/V3m? You see, big red has a habit of trying to lock down our phones, but with the early renditions, we were able (through our Moto leaks) to go ahead and flash another carriers firmware to unlock the full potential of our V3c/V3m phones (i.e. VIVO/ALLTEL, etc.) and still use these phones on VZW. We could do so with f/w versions (for the V3m, NEWC_01.09.02), yet when VZW decided to put the later 01.19.xx on their later releases it became much more difficult to flash and make it work.

Later, we were able to flash the razr 2 (V9m) to Telus firmware and use google maps with pretty much full on unlocked GPS capabilities. But VZW soon closed the proxies for data. Then VZW (and Moto) rolled out, but didn't release the Motorola A4500 (code named "Napoleon", which I was able to buy through my source as an "Engineering Device") and at the time it was cutting edge. But at the same time I was told about the Sholes with pics and such.

Long story short, what you guys are missing is that this Galaxy Nexus phone to be released on VZW is about the best thing since the Motorola A855, since it will be a developer style phone as was the A855. It has been unfortunate that subsequent Moto phones have had locked bootloaders, which I refuse to own; because I still feel that Motorola has the best radios.

OK, again I will post my information from my contact. Not from VZW but from one who works for the manufacturer (which I will take over any 'supposed' VZW 'source' everyday; as I did in the sholes pre-release thread):

Again this is from the same person who used to work for Motorola and gave us the Napoleon, several Droid .sbf files but who now works for Samsung:

"The Galaxy Nexus will be released around Dec 12, maybe earlier, USA production (not test/developer/review) units will not be available in the USA until Nov 30." My source will receive his VZW Galaxy Nexus Monday from his/our source who used to work for Moto and now for Sammy.
Again, I know most will disregard and/or ignore my post; or it will have already been buried in this too fast growing thread.

But I will take it to the bank.

the Earp has spoken.

Upvote 0
I was so excited and certain that this thing would be released on monday, and now I am feeling deflated...haha. I have no motivation to do anything. And that is sad, a phone should not be doing this to me.

I feel the same way, dude. I'm so passionate about this phone and technology in general, it's really been an emotional rollercoaster for me in terms of excitement and depression. Honestly if Verizon would announce SOMETHING, be it 12/8 or 11/21, tomorrow, it would make my day knowing I'm getting something on a set date. But all this ambiguity on Verizon's part is really getting to me :/

Upvote 0

At this point, you have a good shot, sad for us, ggggrrrr. Makes sense you being on att, enjoy the G-nex!

Upvote 0
See this is funny, because you are assuming that there is a warehouse full of LTE galaxy nexus's that are 32gb models already (and not 16gb already). You automatically took the 32gb rumor as fact. So many people in this thread seem to do that, take all the positive rumors and state them as fact and then deny anything negative even when it comes from a more credible source. I'm not against being optimistic, but at least be logical.

Here is an example. Many people are swearing that the LTE version HAS to be 32gb because all of these testers have 32gb LTE models. However, these same test models also have 1750mah batteries. But no one believes it will have a 1750mah battery because the google site says it will have an 1850mah battery (as they should), but yet from that same source it now says 16gb, but everyone refuses it to be true! lol.

All I'm saying, is the only LEGIT source we have right now is the google website, which states it will be 16gb now. Until that web site changes, I say we will be getting screwed on this oen.

Couldn't agree more! We get a leak that says 11/21 release and everyone says that it is the Gospel. We get another leak that say 12/8 and it is a hoax not to be taken seriously. Too much "believing" and not enough facts. Only the positives are taken seriously.

I REALLY want to know the truth though... because 16gb is a deal breaker for me with no SD card. And I'd really like to move along if 16gb is the truth and pick up a Rezound.

Reactions: burntorangefan
Upvote 0

All I'm saying, is the only LEGIT source we have right now is the google website, which states it will be 16gb now. Until that web site changes, I say we will be getting screwed on this one.

ALSO keep in mind that the $299 isn't even confirmed yet either! It would make sense because it would make the phone on par with the RAZR and Rezound, but we honestly have no idea until Verizon says something about it!

Upvote 0

Everyone took 32 as correct because literally everyone who had their hands on the phone and also a verizon spec sheet said 32, plus with every single other LTE phone having 32 gb, all that added up to making perfect sense. As we are seeing though, what makes sense and what is probably happening are different things

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones