• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
coming from a lobbyist, this is 100% true (and now none of you respect me anymore)

As long as you don't act like a dbag respect is still there. :D

The letter may help a little. But here in Jersey we do things differently.
I was told that the Soprano family would take care of this problem.;)

Hahahaha! Would that be right after their trip to BadaBing?

Upvote 0
Have you ever read some of the worthless crap they post? There is a very good chance they would pick up on this.

Sorry, the real world doesn't care about a hand ful of people and their first world problem of a billion dollar corporation not releasing a phone when those people want. There are more important things. There is no story here.

Upvote 0
Been a lurker since around post 7000 and I am just as frustrated as the rest of yall about this phone. I like the idea of sending an email so this is what I ended up sending them.

"My name is ******** and I am currently an AT&T customer. My contract has been up since May and I have been waiting on a dual core LTE phone. I was happy to see two phones come out that I wanted, the HTC Rezound on Verizon and HTC Vivid on AT&T. My attention was then directed to the new Galaxy Nexus as it would have a pure Google experience as well as the updated operating system Ice Cream Sandwich. I have been waiting patiently for a release date from Verizon since the phone was announced in mid-October.
My patience has almost run out.
I have been planning on moving my wife, father-in-law and myself to a new family plan on Verizon with all of us purchasing new devices. This may not happen if I cannot get a firm release date for the Galaxy Nexus. I had considered purchasing a Rezound temporarily during the extended holiday return period only to return it when the Galaxy Nexus comes out like many others on Verizon are currently doing. I now think that if I don

Upvote 0
Sorry, the real world don't care about a hand ful of people and their first world problem of a billion dollar corporation not releasing a phone when those people want. There are more important things. There is no story here.

Again look at the worthless crap they post that is not in any way newsworthy. Hell it was just a suggestion and they just may pick up on it. I'm pretty sure I never said it would be the top news breaking story of the day for them...

Upvote 0
I just want to stress to everyone, in case it got lost in the chaos, that we should not send the letter until Phases gets back to us.

Also, we don't know what Monday will bring, which is why I suggested earlier that we hold off on it a bit.

Please consider that email is not the way.

I am providing the Groubal link we used to successfully petition HTC to unlock their bootloader.

The advantages are numbers without speculation, no worries about flaming or spamming, and no issues spamming the wrong executives (example given, don't spam the support management).

Most of all, it makes it public, and anyone with a Twitter account can sign. I've suggested this before without gaining any traction - I hope this plea is better received.

HTC Bootloaders and NAND | groubal complaints

All with the understanding that you will wait for Phases' response, naturally.

Upvote 0
No Info Here But...

I stopped by the Verizon store today, couldn't actually get anyone to talk to me except for the immediate leaching right when I walked in the door. After that, nothing.

First, they had 4 RAZR's on display as well as signage all over the place. I had to search for a ReZound. They did have one of them on display, but, no signage or anything pointing you to it.

My impressions...

RAZR... I'm 6'4" with large hands and, like others, the width felt awkward to me. Not to the point that I wouldn't be able to get used to it, but, it didn't feel immediately natural to hold. Otherwise, not a bad device. The camera app was a little slow starting up. My only other issue... it almost felt too light. It was tethered to the wall, but, the weight didn't feel substantial enough to really feel like you ever had a good grip on it. Probably just the tether, I can't really explain it, I guess I just felt like I was holding it delicately because it was so awkward. Build felt solid though, only complaint there was the buttons and door for the sd card felt cheap to me.

ReZound... This one felt much better in my hand. Screen looks great. I have an iPhone currently, so, I don't have any knowledge of skins from Moto, HTC, etc., but, I liked the UI better on this than the RAZR. Camera opened a little quicker on this one, but, the lag between shots was longer than the RAZR. What I didn't like... the buttons... again, maybe due to my large hands, but, the buttons were hard to push as they are almost completely flush with the body of the phone.

Anyway, trying to help the post count and report my thoughts. If I was forced to get one of these, it would be the ReZound. But, I'm not, and will be waiting on the Nexus.

Upvote 0
If Verizon didn't care about its own customers that's reason enough to leave the carrier entirely. Their new corporate "mission statement" is that their company revolves around the customer, and to be perfectly honest if I'm going to hand over my money for the privilege to use my mobile phone on their network, they better damn well treat me with the respect I deserve. Not saying I'm a king or prince or anything, but it's completely unacceptable for them to treat their consumers like cattle.

And in your opinion..................are they treating us like cattle?

Personally, i would use a different anaimal but do not want to be THAT negative :)

Upvote 0
Please consider that email is not the way.

I am providing the Groubal link we used to successfully petition HTC to unlock their bootloader.

The advantages are numbers without speculation, no worries about flaming or spamming, and no issues spamming the wrong executives (example given, don't spam the support management).

Most of all, it makes it public, and anyone with a Twitter account can sign. I've suggested this before without gaining any traction - I hope this plea is better received.

HTC Bootloaders and NAND | groubal complaints

All with the understanding that you will wait for Phases' response, naturally.

That's an awesome idea!!

Upvote 0
Wow. A bit early but nice. Next time can you pick up a Taylor ham, egg and cheese and head up 17 to 4 and drop it off? Kthanx.

She said "taylor ham". Hahahaha. I love it. You really are from North Jersey. People down south just call it pork roll :p:D

As long as it is from Taylor of course. Cass's is garbage

Upvote 0
Updates anyone? What are we waiting for from Phase?

Update is that the date is either 11/21 or 12/8. A letter was drafted to send to VZW's executives but Phases asked anyone sending it to wait until he has had time to review and weigh in on his thoughts. It referenced android forums so I think it's a more than reasonable request since if it gained any traction it could reflect poorly (or well) depending on which way it goes.

Reactions: atrayn22
Upvote 0
Updates anyone? What are we waiting for from Phase?

The bosses here are concerned (rightfully) that we might be lumping them into our anger towards Verizon with the proposed email.

It wouldn't be appropriate to say "on behalf of Android Forums", because we don't represent the site; Rob does.

Also, we don't make up a huge amount of all the members registered with the forum anyway.

So I think Phases is checking with Rob to make sure that we don't step on anyone's toes should we proceed.

We need to respect that.

But I really like Early's idea of the petition.

Upvote 0
She said "taylor ham". Hahahaha. I love it. You really are from North Jersey. People down south just call it pork roll :p:D

As long as it is from Taylor of course. Cass's is garbage

LMAO. Jersey born and bred, redneck in my blood. (redneck meant as a compliment to anyone who doesn't realize that)

Upvote 0
Whichever way you guys want to word the letter, let me know and I can provide the addresses.
I've changed a couple parts to make it a little more professional and respectful:

Given the above, I respectfully but firmly demand request that we receive a confirmed release date from Verizon...
Making demands makes people look the other way. Making a request makes people at least listen. And requesting is more tactful than demanding.

The last part sounds too much like an immature threat (from a professional standpoint), so I've reworded it as well:

If you cannot respect your current and future customers enough to give some sort of communication about the status of the release of the Samsung Galaxy Nexus, and continue to keep people informed, then people will get tired of waiting and either leave Verizon altogether, or use the rental program until the Samsung Galaxy Nexus is released. Either way, it will cost Verizon money.

Other than the above changes, very well written, Han.

My two pennies. :)

Upvote 0
Time out.

I want to take a second to address this "community letter" that is being drafted. First of all, this isn't something that will be sent "on behalf" of AF. While many people agree with the sentiments aired, we have 750,000+ members on this site and a sub-section cannot speak for the majority- and especially not for me.

Second of all, I'd strongly discourage using the current tone of this message. It sounds like little more than disparaging, insulting, and threatening Verizon. That's not how you get what you want. You can get your point across without being angry and rude; you can get your point across by being diplomatic.

The fact is that Verizon will have 3 great phones when the Galaxy Nexus launches, including the RAZR and Rezound. What's the reason a release date hasn't been announced? We don't know. Yes, it completely sucks, but mud slinging will not get you a release date.

If you would like me to help prepare a letter expressing disappointment and concern, I'm happy to help do that -in a respectful and diplomatic manner - and share it with Verizon. However it will not be on behalf of AF... it will be more like an internal petition requesting their attention. We can use "Thanks" as a matter of signing the petition. It can address the return policy or switching carriers, but not in a threatening manner that demands or insists on an answer or reply.

If this is a route you'd like to go... "Thank" this post. If not, feel free to continue on whatever path you'd like, but do so knowing that nothing created here is on behalf of AndroidForums.com or myself, rather a group of Galaxy Nexus loyalists who feel they're being unfairly left in the dark.

I'd urge you to take a breather, think about the way tech world works, think about what outcome you desire, re-read your draft, and consider our goal of reaching that outcome in a respectable manner that is consistent with Android Forums high standard of treating other people.

NOTE: This thread will be temporarily closed to ensure many of you read and understand this position. Thanks for your cooperation and understanding!

Upvote 0
Time out.

I want to take a second to address this "community letter" that is being drafted. First of all, this isn't something that will be sent "on behalf" of AF. While many people agree with the sentiments aired, we have 750,000+ members on this site and a sub-section cannot speak for the majority- and especially not for me.

Second of all, I'd strongly discourage using the current tone of this message. It sounds like little more than disparaging, insulting, and threatening Verizon. That's not how you get what you want. You can get your point across without being angry and rude; you can get your point across by being diplomatic.

The fact is that Verizon will have 3 great phones when the Galaxy Nexus launches, including the RAZR and Rezound. What's the reason a release date hasn't been announced? We don't know. Yes, it completely sucks, but mud slinging will not get you a release date.

If you would like me to help prepare a letter expressing disappointment and concern, I'm happy to help do that -in a respectful and diplomatic manner - and share it with Verizon. However it will not be on behalf of AF... it will be more like an internal petition requesting their attention. We can use "Thanks" as a matter of signing the petition. It can address the return policy or switching carriers, but not in a threatening manner that demands or insists on an answer or reply.

If this is a route you'd like to go... "Thank" this post. If not, feel free to continue on whatever path you'd like, but do so knowing that nothing created here is on behalf of AndroidForums.com or myself, rather a group of Galaxy Nexus loyalists who feel they're being unfairly left in the dark.

I'd urge you to take a breather, think about the way tech world works, think about what outcome you desire, re-read your draft, and consider our goal of reaching that outcome in a respectable manner that is consistent with Android Forums high standard of treating other people.

NOTE: This thread will be temporarily closed to ensure many of you read and understand this position. Thanks for your cooperation and understanding!

This thread will be locked for ONE hour to give people time to see the response and think about everything.

I urge everyone to consider Rob's proposal and thank his post. If he drafts something up that everyone "thanks" as a signature, and it gets enough attention - it might would make a Phandroid article to get even more attention.

Then, Rob can shoot an email off to people who won't just delete it, and point them to the article or "petition".

IF members choose to go with the original plan and send something off on their own - do NOT imply "androidforums.com" affiliation.

Thanks.

Steven, Earl, whoever - unlock this thread in one hour. I will check it around then and unlock it if no one else has.

Upvote 0
An additional note while I have everyone's attention. :p

Let's try to cut back on filling this thread with "milestone" posts. What good is a certainly milestone (say, 40k replies), if half those replies are all about making that milestone, then hitting the milestone, then congratulating each other for being the ones to hit it?

That doesn't help reflect ongoing anticipation of a device at all - but rather the commitment of participants to hit the milestones.

We've agreed to let this thread have plenty of off-topic banter, but that sort of stuff should stop. Or at the very very least, no longer be encouraged. This thread is already hard enough to keep up with for outside viewers, and like I said, it truly does skew anticipation more than regular "we're just hanging around" OT posts.

Hope I'm not being a downer here and that most see my point.
Cheers!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones