1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**General

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Guardian Enzo

Guardian Enzo Active Member

At this point, as pissed as I'd be about the delay, I'd be OK if they'd just announce the 8th. Just give me a date!

In a perverse way, the lack of an announcement could be interpreted as a hopeful sign, though. If V really wanted to release on the 8th, they have no reason (not that they need one) not to say so. Maybe they're not saying because there really is an issue they hope to resolve and release it sooner? Of course, it could also mean they don't even know if they'll make the 8th...
  2. Gandalf7

Gandalf7 Well-Known Member

3. HanSolo

HanSolo Guest

I think I can wait, now that I have the Dinc2.

Good point.

Says who?

You may very well be right. As I said above, my sister's info is hearsay. The person who told her might have heard it last week.

Nothing is really certain at this point. :confused:
    Reborn58 likes this.
  4. SamMax

SamMax Well-Known Member

I'm willing to bet my soul that when the Nexus is released there will still be some bugs. Verizon is known for claiming to thoroughly test it's device's before releasing, yet every single phone I have ever owned from Verizon had some minor issues.

I think the bug issues is still an excuse, so if it's legit why hasn't Verizon announced that as being the case. The volume issue is a GSM issue for sure maybe it did or didn't effect the LTE ones who knows.

My thinking was they had all the hspa phone's built before the LTE ones so maybe by the time the LTE phone's were manufactured the problem was corrected.

I'm just speculating here...
  5. AntimonyER

AntimonyER AF Addict VIP Member

Yeah, I kinda agree, except the thread is moving so fast, the original is what, 5-6 pages back already? It is so great, it really deserves a spot on each page till everyone sees it.
    Flyguy94, CaptainRon and MoPhoMan like this.
  6. woodraskam

woodraskam Well-Known Member

It's software, there's gonna be bugs.
  7. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

The Engadget article clearly quotes Google as saying there is no SD partition (like on the Nexus S) on the Galaxy Nexus - so, I am withdrawing that claim.
    jbdan likes this.
  8. gobluejd

gobluejd GOBLUE! VIP Member

FYI -
    You can NOT go through ANYONE else if your on a CORPORATE ACCOUNT. You have to go to a VZW store.
    Crashumbc likes this.
  9. Jonathan SCE

Jonathan SCE Well-Known Member

Verizon should just announce that the phone comes out on February 29 and surprises us if they can get it out sooner. :p
  10. Sushibagel

Sushibagel Well-Known Member

Agreed most people who will buy this are aware its a new OS and won't mind a few small bugs. So long as they don't pull a motorola like with the xoom and release without 4g for months! We should be okay.
  11. laslen

laslen Member

I found it to be appropriately humorous satire.

I must respectfully ask you to try not to be excessively butthurt. We're all exasperated, but direct your negativity towards those who really deserve it. Thank you.
  12. HanSolo

HanSolo Guest

So does this mean that every time you do a wipe to flash a ROM, everything will get erased? :confused:
  13. Travillion

Travillion Well-Known Member

Guys, I've been big-time hating on Verizon, but I think that's just because they're an easy target. I do agree that some more transparency would be good form. But, I really believe they wanted this phone out before black friday. Why on earth would they deliberately release their biggest phone after the biggest shopping day? Now I know people will say that they just want to sell the RAZR, but I call crap on that because they're paying for an exclusivity deal for the Nexus. They know it will sell and they want it out. We've heard some pretty disparaging remarks from Google insiders (e.g., Panda) that are painting a bad picture of Verizon, but remember, Google's tendency is to launch now and fix later. I wouldn't be surprised if Verizon did find some hiccups and really want to get this phone out, but want to have minimal issues. We think it's bad press for them to not release the phone, but imagine the bad press if they did release the phone and then all of their customers complained of a volume bug or something like that. I'm not saying I agree completely with how Verizon has handled things, but I also think that the reports of corporate games is being blown out of proportion. I doubt we'll see this phone as soon as we'd like, and I doubt we'll hear anything from Verizon until they are sure that it's ready (which, realistically, is good business practice). Once it's ready, I think they will act very fast on it. After all, accessories are already in stores, many employees have reported on being trained already. We just need the phones. It will come.

And with that long catharsis, I'm ready to shower and begin the productive portion of my day.
    durangojim likes this.
  14. hgray

hgray Well-Known Member

15. burntorangefan

burntorangefan Well-Known Member

This also jives with what my golden retriever, Scout, told me yesterday...so lock it down!
    The_Chief, drbugsmn, jbdan and 2 others like this.
  16. Trooper

Trooper Well-Known Member

Agreed!

I finally watched it! Awesome stuff! :D
  17. SamMax

SamMax Well-Known Member

Exactly so why not release it.
  18. sarxsvt

sarxsvt Well-Known Member

How are they keeping you in the dark? People are taking information from "sources" and "leaks" and thinking its official.

Verizon has officially stated that they will carry the Galaxy Nexus. That is pretty much it. All the other "documents" and "sources" are all unofficial and if they _were_ distributed by Verizon internally you were never intended to see them, so that you wouldn't be "upset".

I'm out raged by your classified information I should have never seen that may or may not even be true or an actual internal document!

They do this not to anger people but because they DON'T want to disappoint you when they make an announcement and fail to live up to said announcement.

I.E. better safe than sorry. Its _always_ how they have operated.

Not sure this is true if your buying the phone outright. I've bought phones from re-sellers then simply emailed my business rep to have her activate the phone for me for free. She has never seemed to care ...
    Travillion, allen2oo3 and JustinHEMI like this.
  19. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

I have a better idea. :)

I'm going to copy off the TheRoosevelt's, brad's and that post on the iPhone 5 / Nexus videos into a new fun thread - too priceless to lose! :D

(Sorry on the names, still waking up after almost 5 hours. :eek:)
    drbugsmn, TheRoosevelt and AntimonyER like this.
  20. Sushibagel

Sushibagel Well-Known Member

Probably not wipes will most likely exclude the system folders.
  21. AntimonyER

Well they basically did that already, Except they said the end of the year.

P.S. Your post would have been better if it were gonna be 4 years till the next Feb 29th ;) You should keep that one in your pocket till the great phone wait-off of next year ;)
    kcs7272 likes this.
  22. SamMax

SamMax Well-Known Member

Has anyone been successful at purchasing screen protectors or cases from Verizon?
  23. HanSolo

HanSolo Guest

We’re starting to unravel.

I feel that we’re getting to that point similar to when you have a really cool new friend, but you spend an extended weekend together and they suddenly don’t seem that cool anymore, and are actually starting to really get under your skin. When the weekend is over, you say “Hey, I’ll call you some time this week” but you never do.

Damn you Verizon.
    Cam, drbugsmn, dawnierae and 4 others like this.
  24. AntimonyER

That is a better idea. I wish there was a place to archive the actual video itself, that way we never lose it in case Youtube pulls it down.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.