1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

General ***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AntimonyER

AntimonyER AF Addict VIP Member

Hey guys, didn't we see that the best buy Celebrite system (or whatever it was called) have this phone as the Nexus Prime months ago? Seems like it is just someone not getting stuff updated in a timely manner, other than some naming change...
    woodraskam and scottg96 like this.
  2. TheSkiShow

TheSkiShow Well-Known Member

That actually sounds like a legitimate name that they'd use, and I'd totally buy it just so I could say that every time someone asked about my phone. :cool:

Lol.
  3. AntimonyER

Haha, this was actually created by a member here. TheRoosevelt. And was seen here first this morning.
  4. Randino

Randino Well-Known Member

I'm sure 1,3,5,7,11,13,17 would be highly pissed too. LOL
    landolakes, Snowman and scottg96 like this.
  5. dockmaster

dockmaster Well-Known Member

Reminds me of the time I went in to back of a battery shop. There was a whole pallet of car batterys and a guy peeling and sticking on Excide stickers... made sense later, cause there are only 3 auto battery manufactures in the US, but hundreds of "brands"....
  6. Highwayman

Highwayman VIP Member VIP Member

For one day.... :D
    TheSkiShow likes this.
  7. scottg96

scottg96 Well-Known Member

I'm thinking this could just be a Best Buy-exclusive name, based on that Cellebrite picture and now these.

But I have to ask,

[​IMG]

Since when is the SGN a GSII phone...? That's what I thought :p
  8. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations! Moderator

Take your chances if you will. Verizon has in the past said that reps were "incorrect", or not in a position to grant such a thing, and done the unthinkable... and they'll likely do it again. Unlimited data plans - especially the ones at $10/mo for those of us who jumped on THAT deal a year ago - are costing them money and they will do whatever it takes to end those deals and get us on tiered.

I personally wouldn't even trust a note, but I can't stop you. My 0.02
  9. HanSolo

HanSolo Guest

Off topic:

Is it me, or was last night's Dexter a bit anticlimactic? And is there any doubt now that Gellar is a hallucination-dark passenger of Travis?

On topic:

I saw that the Lotus Glass thing kicked up again earlier. Do we know if that's what it has?
  10. tylerdurdin

tylerdurdin Well-Known Member

That dude is a genius and should be president. Hes got my vote:cool:
  11. VJKotts

VJKotts Well-Known Member

Can we settle this issue with renting RAZR/Rezound for once please?

This issue seems to crop up on every other page and some strongly believe that there won't be any issues renting while others strongly believe that if you activate your phone, you won't be able to return it past 14 days.

I spoke to the rep at a the Verizon store and he told me not to worry. I've read through the Returns and Exchange policy and I don't see anything I should worry about but I'm not 100% sure.

I have a RAZR now which I will return for the GNex. I just don't want to run into any issues. The only reason I have switched to Verizon is because of the 4 GB data offer which some are saying is expering at the end of this month. Otherwise I would of imported the International GNex.
  12. Randino

Randino Well-Known Member

Til
    Crashumbc likes this.
  13. TheSkiShow

TheSkiShow Well-Known Member

Wait, are we taking this name change thing seriously...?

I couldn't see them changing the name at this point. It's built it's own hype and changing the name wouldn't be that smart of a marketing idea.
  14. AntimonyER

Lotus glass is still Corning right? I thought Corning said this phone did not have their glass on it.
  15. kcs7272

kcs7272 Well-Known Member

So we all just got a big F U from VZW. for those which ask how or say they never gave a date......guess what two letters I have for you? The 6th and the 21st :(
    Jonathan SCE, kk4df and BLD like this.
  16. lovebyte21

lovebyte21 Well-Known Member

From what I understand, if you were to add a line with a data plan on it, it would be a tiered plan. If your existing phone has an unlimited data plan though, you could do that then trade phones between the lines. I'm not sure whether you would be able to drop the data on the 2nd line or not. If you don't already have a family plan though, this idea will be kind of expensive. 2 lines on a family plan are fairly close in price to 2 individual lines.

335iRobot likes this.
  17. BLD

BLD Well-Known Member

woodraskam and scottg96 like this.
  18. scottg96

scottg96 Well-Known Member

Corning confirmed it does NOT have any Corning glass. Samsung itself has confirmed it's just no-name "fortified glass".

Dang why do people keep bringing up old stuff recently? Kind of annoying :/
  19. AntimonyER

Yes I agree. I was looking forward to a Hitler video on the GNex but this exceeded even my expectations. He really did a fantastic job.
  20. HanSolo

HanSolo Guest

I think it's considered to be a part of the "Galaxy" family, so it's lumped in with the rest, even though it's also a "Nexus".
  21. woodraskam

woodraskam Well-Known Member

Moo point at this point and time.....I will definitely be leaving if that's the case. I can't do much more than get 2 reps notes on it.

Edit: And I say leave seriously. If you get confirmation from a company from their customer service, and they go back on that, they don't deserve to have you as a customer.
  22. 335iRobot

335iRobot Active Member

My brother and I share a plan that he's had for years. I'm the additional line on it but neither of us are currently eligible for an upgrade. So I guess I'll be running with this idea of adding a line to the plan and trying to get that all figured out. Thanks for the insight!
    lovebyte21 likes this.
  23. Dubbin1

Dubbin1 Well-Known Member

Where is this confirmed by Samsung? Link please
    burntorangefan and IM RED-Y like this.
  24. gapi

gapi VIP Member VIP Member

I find the advance notice helpful.
    drbugsmn likes this.
  25. BlueBiker

BlueBiker Well-Known Member

Remove 1, include 2. We went over this some 800 pages back. ;)
    scottg96 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.