• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Official HTC Hero 2.1 Update now (5/19) on Sprint.com

Thread-Crap-FingerBaby.jpg

LMAO....

but here:

4. On the Welcome Screen, be sure to read the caution message and Read Me file; check the box next to I understand and click Next

5. On the next screen, follow the steps listed and click Next

6. You will see the message Verifying information on your Android phone. Please wait

Upvote 0
Ok, so has anyone tried to get the update? I know there is no link, but reading the page, it would appear the update will take place through using the SYNC program... I'm certainly in no rush to do it myself and won't try, I just wondered if anyone else has?

:cool:

Nah, you just need to make sure that HTC Sync is installed so the RUU can see the phone, you still need to download the RUU and run it in order to update the software.

Upvote 0
Ok, so has anyone tried to get the update? I know there is no link, but reading the page, it would appear the update will take place through using the SYNC program... I'm certainly in no rush to do it myself and won't try, I just wondered if anyone else has?

:cool:

If it installs like the RUU, you don't use HTC Sync to load the ROM on the Hero. You just need HTC Sync to ensure the proper drivers are present on your PC so the Hero is recognized.

Once you download the update, you just click on the downloaded .exe file, with HTC Sync closed, and the program does the rest. 10 minutes later, the Hero has 2.1 on it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones